Would Lennon be an activist today??

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Would Lennon be an activist today??

Postby dsnito » Thu Mar 20, 2003 1:28 pm

If John was alive, how would he react to this war and about the terrorism in the world specificly in the USA?? Would he become an anti-war or anti-terrorism activist nowadays?? I guess at least he would not close his eyes to all these events...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sat Apr 05, 2003 5:30 pm

I think he would say:"NOBODY TOLD ME there´d be days like these"...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby LadyDi4476 » Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:44 pm

I firmly believe he would be protesting and still singing "Let's Give Peace A Chance", we need his strength right about now.
LadyDi4476

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:24 pm

Think about it, he would have probably stayed in NYC and have been dramatically affected like others re: 911

As far as being a peace activist, why. Been there done it.
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:52 pm

I agree Mike....had he lived, he probably would have been a reside t for nearly 30 years. The terrorist attack would have been as devastating to him as it was for the rest of those fine people of NYC. I would like to think that he would understand why cruel dictators need to be removed--and support our involvement over there. People confuse this war with Viet Nam. There is no comparison. Thank God for our volunteer military and their courage, as well as our leaders. I see France is trying to jump back on the US bandwagon, BTW. Figures.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:49 pm

John being alive CERTAINLY would be protesting against all these sad events nowadays, he was a Peace defensor and I´m sure he would be writing activist and peaceful themes... That good old John would awake again and would be one more important Peace´s voice...but it´s a pity ´cos he has gone a long time and maybe he´s "watching the wheels" go round and round anywhere supporting for Peace in the world...that´s only he can do now...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby music peace » Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:09 pm

Ive been wondering that too...Maybe if John was still around...some peace agreements would have been made and 911 never would have happened. You never know...
and i know I probably sound ridiculous...but I DO think he would have had a big impact on something and maybe now things wouldnt be so bad.

--MP
music peace

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Sun May 11, 2003 5:24 pm

yes he would.
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Maestri09 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:26 am

Although he would never back violence or terrorism, I don't think he would wage a war against it. I don't think john would ever back the US (heck, the US gov tried to get rid of him--republicans at that) or britain in anything. Just like Geldof and Bono, he'd talk peace but get wiped away like a fly. When money talks absolutely nothing else matters--not even human lives.

PS: there's a genocide going on in Central Africa as we speak.

JRM
Honours Anthropology
Univ. Of Western Ontario
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:28 am

I don't like seeing celebrities standing on their soapboxes trying to be political. They are not politicians. I see them as pampered and privileged and do not respect their opinions.

John tried to give peace a chance but ultimately he was wrong. A guy with grenades taped around his body or a nut who hijacks low flying 767's couldn't give a f*ck about peace.
Gastro (gone)

Next

Return to JOHN