Ringo:Mc-Len writing credits in Rolling Stone

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:45 am

I read the rest of that Ringo interview. Man, they were harsh on Paul. That seemed to be the main focus of the interview. The questions had more anti-Paul bias than Ringo's answers. Ringo's answers could have been given as general statements about John and Paul. (John founded the band, Paul was a work-a-holic, etc.) The wording of the questions, however, made Ringo's answers look like a general rebuke of Paul. I hope that's not where Ringo was coming from...
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
I read the rest of that Ringo interview. Man, they were harsh on Paul. That seemed to be the main focus of the interview. The questions had more anti-Paul bias than Ringo's answers. Ringo's answers could have been given as general statements about John and Paul. (John founded the band, Paul was a work-a-holic, etc.) The wording of the questions, however, made Ringo's answers look like a general rebuke of Paul. I hope that's not where Ringo was coming from...
I totally agree. A former great mag that has turned to rag.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby paja » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:28 pm

While I agree that RS has become a gossip publication not too far removed from the Enquirer,I enjoyed the Ringo interview. Ringo did say that if it weren't for MACCA,they probably wouldn't have recorded so many albums. I don't agree that MACCA should ever consult with Yoko about anything BEATLES. She wasn't there,especially the formative years. In fact,Cynthia Lennon was around for more of the BEATLES than Yoko. What has become of RS is really a shame.[:(]
paja

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media