Macca on drums

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:10 am

I think I have done that myself once or twice - but I can't think what the songs in question were.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:01 am

I think the guitar solo on the album version is a lot better. I never noticed any other differences. Female backingsingers? Hmm, Let It Be is the song I must have played most, and I never noticed them... Shame on me!

Ow wait! Is it possible that I heard something about Linda singing backing vocals on LIB?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:25 am

I'm so sorry once again, people!! I said that have "little differences"between single and album version!!What a silly thing I said(must be getting older too fast!)!! Ram1 said 'bout the guitar solo of LIB,and I reminded that's VERY different between both versions!!
Particularly I like the album version's guitar solo did by George Harrison, the guitar distortion sounds cool!! On the single, can't distinguish well the guitar sound that seems to be mixed with the orchestration.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:46 am

I thought the solo of the single version was too indistinguishable (wow, what a great word!) and the album solo was very clear. But I'm really confused right now, when I get home, I'll listen to both versions again.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Jun 20, 2002 7:16 pm

As far as Macca on drums, he's definitely not a *great* drummer, but he gets the job done. Heck, he can play better than me, lol.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:30 am

On the Wingspan documentary, Paul does mention Linda singing the high harmony on LIB.

I've also heard somewhere that John was once asked "do you think Ringo's the best drummer in the world?" - to which he replied, "he's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"!!!!!!!!!!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:35 am

quote:I've also heard somewhere that John was once asked "do you think Ringo's the best drummer in the world?" - to which he replied, "he's not even the best drummer in The Beatles"!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha!! That's hilarious. Actually made me laugh.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:37 am

So you do have a sense of humour then, Ram1?

Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:39 am

quote:
I reminded that "Let it be" movie was made in early 69, and the single is little different indeed. After that, Paul gave the tapes to Spector could edit'em in a album version and he added the female chorus(the "wall of sound")as he also did on "TLAWR" and "NGCMW".

The female chorus is on GEORGE MARTIN's version - they are limited to a tiny spot near the start on Phil's mix.

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:41 am

Don't press your luck, Englishman. ....
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle