25th Anniversary of pain, sorrow, suffering

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:55 pm

Today is the 25th anniversary of one of the worst days in the history of the world. On June 15, 1977, the New York Mets traded Tom Seaver for Dan Norman, Steve Henderson, Pat Szachary, and Doug Flynn.

ALso, that same week - Paul McCartney announced that Jimmy McCulouch had quit wings. And Peter Frampton agreed to star in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts club band.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:55 pm

Today is the 25th anniversary of one of the worst days in the history of the world. On June 15, 1977, the New York Mets traded Tom Seaver for Dan Norman, Steve Henderson, Pat Szachary, and Doug Flynn.

ALso, that same week - Paul McCartney announced that Jimmy McCulouch had quit wings. And Peter Frampton agreed to star in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts club band.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:53 am

Saw yesterday how the Mets beat 'Rocket' Clemens like he was yesterday's raw meat.

Edited by - Ram1 on 06/16/2002 11:55:33
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:08 am

[Raising eyes to the roof] You and your sport!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:58 pm

Well Liam, and how about the Football(or Soccer in US)World Cup? Have you watching? England beat Denmark making 3-0 score. And now Brazil vs. Engish Team will be a death challenge of this tournament.
This will be hard to Brazil 'cos Beckham and Owen are very inpired, but be sure I'll be supporting at the saturday's dawn(3:30 am here)for the "Yellow Birds".

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:48 pm

Really, Steve? RECIFE is a nice place as you will see, but it's very far from my state. The sun shines almost everyday in a year, and it's too hot over there! Don't need to bring or wear warm clothe, it's an useless thing there. And well, my english I think it's no good enough and sometimes is awful(even handling a dictionary!), so I'm not able to teach anything to anybody ! I'm thankful to THE BEATLES 'cos the little bit that I know, is for their lyrics. But the people over there is very nice, and you'll welcome!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:37 am

quote:
Well Liam, and how about the Football(or Soccer in US)World Cup? Have you watching? England beat Denmark making 3-0 score. And now Brazil vs. Engish Team will be a death challenge of this tournament.
This will be hard to Brazil 'cos Beckham and Owen are very inpired, but be sure I'll be supporting at the saturday's dawn(3:30 am here)for the "Yellow Birds".

Peace.

I would rather see Brazil win as well, actually! Because there's so much hype over here about football - I can't stand it! I duck and run for cover at anything that's overhyped - modern-day music, football, hey, even Elvis at times! He is musically overrated - fact. Good, but not the best. My mother, however, refuses to accept this . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:31 pm

quote:
quote:
...'cos Beckham and Owen are very inpired, but be sure I'll be supporting at the saturday's dawn(3:30 am here)for the "Yellow Birds".

Peace.

I would rather see Brazil win as well, actually! Because there's so much hype over here about football - I can't stand it! I duck and run for cover at anything that's overhyped - modern-day music, football, hey, even Elvis at times! He is musically overrated - fact. Good, but not the best. My mother, however, refuses to accept this . . .

Correcting... Beckham and Owen are very INSPIRED... and the match will be on friday's dawn not in saturday's(but now I know you don't care much about...)
So Elvis is overhyped in UK? Elvis was overhyped here when he died in 1977(and of course in 50's)'till early 80's, since then he actually is only a 50's rock'n'roll memory(even still considered as the "King" of r&r) to local young generation. But Macca always have Elvis as one of his greatest idol until today as we can see him still doing covers of many Elvis standards. As for football quote, it's too much overhyped over here, many people confuse their lives with the team supporting, I mean, team supporting is like their own lives!! Very south-american-ish!!
But I thought you're a huge Sheffield United's supporter!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:16 am

No. I don't support any football team. Here's the lowdown.

I am currently living in Sheffield, but am originally from Bath. I came to Sheffield sept '00 to start my degree (maths). I am living about a ten minute walk away from Sheffield Wednesday's ground. But I can't stand football. I'm living in a flat on a hill, nice and out of the way

Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:51 am

Bath is where Peter Gabriel records and where Tears for Fears is from? Whatever happened to roland and Curt by the way?
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC