Any Road

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Any Road

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:35 pm

I saw that "Any Road" will be released as the next single from "Brainwashed." I don't know if there will be any non-album B-Sides or not. I hope so. So far, all I see is a British version. Don't know if there will be an American single.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Any Road

Postby maccastheman » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:35 pm

I saw that "Any Road" will be released as the next single from "Brainwashed." I don't know if there will be any non-album B-Sides or not. I hope so. So far, all I see is a British version. Don't know if there will be an American single.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brains » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:15 pm

What was the first single? And what did it do in the charts? Not too well, I fear...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:45 pm

I think the first single was "Stuck Inside a Cloud." You're right - it didn't do too well. I heard it in a few department stores, but that's about it. ("Elevator Music" is what we call it here)

Without music videos, heavy promotion, etc., it's hard for anybody to have a hit any more - no matter how good the music is. That's a shame.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:50 am

STUCK INSIDE A CLOUD gets a lot of play on whatever piped in music system they have at my job. I hear it almost every night.

If you listen really hard to REVOLUTION 9, you can hear Lennon saying "So, any road, he went to see the dentist..."
DylansMrJones

Postby Brains » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:55 am

On anthology 2, before Help!, he says it too. "Any road, we'd like to carry on with it, this is the last number... or our latest electronic noise, depends a little on what side ye're on."
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby DylansMrJones » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:11 am

I'm thinking "any road" may have been common British slang, but I have only heard John Lennon say it those two times. If not, perhaps it's a Lennonism, and maybe George wrote the song with him in mind.
DylansMrJones

Postby Brains » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:36 pm

I think it's a Lennonism. I believe I saw it in the Man On The Flaming Pie article (Beatles with an A)he wrote in 1962 too. Just a lame joke, anyway --> any road[:o)]
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Thu May 29, 2003 5:29 am

Just saw the Any Road video! REALLY GREAT!!!!!
The stuff where you see George sitting singing the song togerher with ravi,, where and when was that shot??
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Thu May 29, 2003 5:31 am

Just saw the Any Road video! REALLY GREAT!!!!!
The stuff where you see George sitting singing the song togerher with ravi,, where and when was that shot??
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to GEORGE