Plastic Ono Band Credits

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Brains » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:59 am

Hey, hey! Don't you think that's a bit harsh? I don't like the woman myself, but hoping she'll go to hell for breaking up the Beatles goes a bit too far...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:17 am

Well, it IS an unforgivable crime - I'm with Chris on this one (nice to see you back again, by the way!).

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:28 pm

What act exactly of Yoko's do you think is an "unforgiveable" crime?
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:44 am

Item #2 in Chris' post!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:45 am

'course, I'm being good-humoured about it all. Besides, if The Beatles had never split up, and were still together recording today - don't you think everyone might have had enough of them by now?

Not meaning to say anything against them, of course! But given Paul's recent albums, things do seem to be on a downward slide here . . .

Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:16 pm

quote:Besides, if The Beatles had never split up, and were still together recording today - don't you think everyone might have had enough of them by now?

Definitely agree there. In the broad scheme of things, it was probably the best thing (historically-speaking), that they broke up when they did. You know like the old saying, "Go out while you're on top." Or like Neil Young, "It's better to burn out than fade away." I feel The Beatles'legacy would have been much less profound if they stayed together for more years. It would have saddened me to possibly see them "fade away."

quote:But given Paul's recent albums, things do seem to be on a downward slide here . . .

Are you kidding man???? Driving Rain is PHENOMENAL!!!! And so was Flaming Pie.

Edited by - Ram1 on 06/18/2002 14:17:46
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:29 pm

About the Yoko's question, I think she's ONE of the Beatles breakup reasons, sooner or later they'd breakup anyway, but I'm too sure that she was the MAIN reason. But John really loved her, could anybody did anything about it?

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dakota » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:44 pm

Well, If Tony Soprano was around back then he could'a taken care of the situation...if ya know what I mean....LOL
dakota

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:10 am

quote:
quote:
But given Paul's recent albums, things do seem to be on a downward slide here . . .

Are you kidding man???? Driving Rain is PHENOMENAL!!!! And so was Flaming Pie.

I mean in terms of the general public. I love Driving Rain - but I was saying it didn't do very well in the charts, did it

And of course, Flaming Pie is excellent - I'm gonna stick my neck out, and mark a dotted line along it, and say that Flaming Pie is the best Beatle/Solo album ever!

Liam OSM

Postby dsnito » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:07 am

quote:
Well, If Tony Soprano was around back then he could'a taken care of the situation...if ya know what I mean....LOL

Did you mean Tony(Soprano?)Cox?? The Yoko's ex??

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions