beatles 8 tracks a better deal.

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby pc31 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:28 pm

back in the 60s the beatles 8 track usually had an extra song on it that the album did not.or maybe that was the 70s.that was due to the capitol butchers.i only noticed this about 10 years ago.it never plagued me but was interesting none the less.you ever notice that?
if you do not know what an 8 track is leave now.[:p][:D]
pc31

Postby pc31 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:28 pm

back in the 60s the beatles 8 track usually had an extra song on it that the album did not.or maybe that was the 70s.that was due to the capitol butchers.i only noticed this about 10 years ago.it never plagued me but was interesting none the less.you ever notice that?
if you do not know what an 8 track is leave now.[:p][:D]
pc31

Postby Aujouret » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:05 pm

leave now?
what's up with that?
8 tracks were crap. good riddance.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dakota » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:04 am

I fear that maybe Mr. Speers has escaped from the mental clinic.[?]
dakota

Postby Aujouret » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:06 pm

LOL[:D]
Oh, dakota!!!
I was thinking the same thing, but after all the trouble on the NPC topic, I wasn't gonna say a word.
LOL[:D]
Thanks, dakota- you made my day![:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:14 pm

Well, THE BEATLES plus Sir George Martin made true miracles with 4 tracks recorder machines, you know Revolver, Sgt.Pepper...need to say more??
When they recorded Abbey Road, the studio got the 8 tracks machine and Moog synthsizer introduced by George Harrison that sounded a very advanced recordings to that time.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby DylansMrJones » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:41 pm

The only 8 TRACK CARTRIDGE release of the Beatles I ever saw with extra tracks was YELLOW SUBMARINE - which added LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS. The others perhaps had extra tracks, but I never had Beatles on 8 track. In fact, I never had an 8 track player. Even when they were popular I hated them. The loop tape required for an 8 track tape put extreme wear and tear on the tape itself. They sounded awful. Tons and tons of tape hiss. A friend of mine had the Yes album CLOSE TO THE EDGE on 8 track, and it certainly took the velocity out of the title track having it faded and continued on the next track.

I do remember hearing the Beatles 'white' album on 8 track, and the running order of the songs was all messed up.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED with 8 TRACK RECORDING MACHINES as used by The Beatles at EMI.

8 Track cartridges? I'll never miss them.
DylansMrJones

Postby dsnito » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:15 pm

Oh...THAT 8 tracks then... I misunderstood things. I never had such equipment, just cassete tape system beyond turntables in the 70s... Only a friend of mine had one in his home, and he ever was taping the records with echoe effects, dubbing and mixing tracks... He was kinda maniac doing such tapings all day long at weekends. I thought that was cool, that was pure fun to him... I even think that now he works in any recording studio with 64(or more?) tracks machine...LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:22 pm

quote: I fear that maybe Mr. Speers has escaped from the mental clinic.

LOL!

I heard that the "I wanna hold your hand" single 8 track is worth quite a bit of money.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:04 pm

I have Two Virgins on 8 track.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions