Postby dakota » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:37 am

Yellow Sub I believe had 4 new tracks.

Only A Northern song
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
It's All Too Much
dakota

Postby dakota » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:40 am

I read somewhere, probably in "Beatlefan" mag that MMT had been released in it's american LP format in Britain (and probably elsewhere in the world) during the 80's.
dakota

Postby DylansMrJones » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:27 pm

Since LET IT BE (the album) contains 1970 overdubs and a newly recorded I ME MINE it clearly belongs after ABBEY ROAD. The BEATLES were so great that they have TWO last albums! ABBEY ROAD is last because it was the last album in which John Lennon participated as a Beatle. LET IT BE is last because of it's release date and inclusion of 1970 recordings.
DylansMrJones

Postby Steve-o » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:27 am

I'll always consider Abbey Road to be the last, since it was the last time that the band actually worked together. Regardless or re-recordings or over-dubs to the final LIB project, LIB will always be mired in Jan 1969 for me. At the time, the media spin was that LIB was delayed to coincide with the impending release of the companion movie. Strange days indeed.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:32 am

Yeah Steve, very strange indeed... the great "Abbey Road" would have been the Fab's swan song, but on account of LIB release, AR sounded like a fake end, don't you think so?? Ha ha it's like the false ending of AR itself, 'cos after "The End" we can hear the irreverent "Her Majesty"...ironical, isn't it?? Oh yeah, and it's also very ironical the fact that "Get Back" have been chosen as a last track of LIB album...they didn't get back nevermore together as a group...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby pc31 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:22 pm

sargent peppers was last wasn't it?it was the last time they actively all participated with the zest that was the magic.it had many firsts to its credit.it was first album to include words of songs,maybe the first gatefold,was first concpt album(all linked together) and more guess i should have gathered all the facts first.but it was the last one they were all really enthused about.just my opinion tho.[^]
pc31

Postby dsnito » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:46 am

Yeah, agreed on this Pc31, no doubt Pepper was the last one that was an entire work of the 4 Lads ALL the time. That really was a team work. On the following works they weren't frequently together.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions