Jet!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby shinestar » Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:11 pm

Jet and Helen Wheels are 2 of my faves. :-)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Jun 14, 2002 10:30 pm

quote:Possibly. They did say many times that Linda wasn't up there because she was the best keyboard player in the world (which she definitely wasn't) - she was up there because they loved each other.

Very True, Liam. I remember seeing on Wingspan that Linda didn't really know how to play piano at all. Paul just basically taught her basic stuff so she could tour on the initial Wings tour of the UK. And let's not forget Linda's flat voice. It was all out of love. I've always respected that.
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:51 pm

It seems to me that was Linda that played keyboard on "Wild Life"... It´s very mild to play and I think was not difficult to her capacity.
On BOTR maybe was her on some kboard lines on the 1st part, don´t think so? Any other song or line that´s supposed she played?

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:59 am

quote:
quote:Possibly. They did say many times that Linda wasn't up there because she was the best keyboard player in the world (which she definitely wasn't) - she was up there because they loved each other.

Very True, Liam. I remember seeing on Wingspan that Linda didn't really know how to play piano at all. Paul just basically taught her basic stuff so she could tour on the initial Wings tour of the UK. And let's not forget Linda's flat voice. It was all out of love. I've always respected that.

Well, who would you rather have singing - Linda or Yoko?

Linda gets my vote - every time!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:41 pm

Well, Linda of course!!
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:21 pm

Certainly Linda's voice has my vote. Yoko's "avant-gard" style with her sharpy and annoying voice is very hard to listen.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:09 am

Well, there you are, then! I really enjoy Cook Of The House, personally. The song is meant to be light-hearted, and Linda isn't taking it too seriously

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby jet » Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:37 pm

quote:
The song isn't really about much. The lyrics probably employed the "anything for a rhyme" strategy. Musically, though, it's excellent - although it could have been quicker - which it is when done live.
I agree. Who cares about lyrics anyway - and the saxophone riff is the best and most memorrable riff I have ever heard.
jet

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions