Say No to GMO

Discussions regarding charities and issues support by Paul.

Moderator: Mike

Postby shinestar » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:01 am

Thank you, steve! [^]
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:11 am

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what it REALLy means, lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:14 am

Is it genetically modified organisms? Help, Brains! I still can't get Mike's link to work.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Brains » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:48 pm

I think it's Genetically Modified Organisms. Although that soudns more like a cheap 50's horror movie. I would have called it GM-Food.

I know now what the problem with it is: the GMO's can't be contained. They replace the natural plants, which can't be a good thing.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby sleepyhollowgirl » Sun May 11, 2003 5:08 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Is it genetically modified organisms? Help, Brains! I still can't get Mike's link to work.

LMAO!!!!![:D]
sleepyhollowgirl
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby beatlelarry » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:52 am

GMO are created by multinationals like Monsanto who want to own every piece of farmland in every country to grow weird frankenfoods. Monsanto bolsters their arguing by lying and saying that they will 'feed the world' with their s**tty food, meanwhile the effects of genetically altered food and its long-terms effects have not been thoroughly tested. GMO is only good or the profits of Monsanto-types. They can contaminate organic crops if planted to closely to them. Why the hell would anyone prefer a GMO ear of corn made from a gene spliced with that of a fish or some other freaky living thing just to prevent pests from eating it? GMO is less tasty, less healthy and sucks big time. The Italians went beserk when the US tried to push GMOs in their country. The rest of Europe is following. GMOs suck! Buy organic and support local family farmers. Paul should do more for this cause and leave the landmines to Heather !!
beatlelarry
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to MACCA-Charities & Issues