Any Julian/Sean fans??

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Any Julian/Sean fans??

Postby Ram1 » Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:29 pm

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any Julian or Sean fans here. Sean's debut "Into the Sun" which came out a few years ago, is great. I think he's finally working on a follow up. And Julian's last album "Photograph Smile" is absolutely fantastic. It definitely didn't get the exposure it deserved. His song "Day After Day" is pure classic. But anyway, does anybody own either of these great albums?
Ram1

Any Julian/Sean fans??

Postby Ram1 » Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:29 pm

Hey, I was just wondering if there were any Julian or Sean fans here. Sean's debut "Into the Sun" which came out a few years ago, is great. I think he's finally working on a follow up. And Julian's last album "Photograph Smile" is absolutely fantastic. It definitely didn't get the exposure it deserved. His song "Day After Day" is pure classic. But anyway, does anybody own either of these great albums?
Ram1

Postby shorty » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:24 pm

I have the julian lennon cd with that song "salt water" the one about the hole in the sky.
He is a really great song writer.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:32 pm

Cool. You should really get "Photograph Smile" though. You will not be dissapointed. And on some of the tracks, Julian's voice sounds EXACTLY like John. EXACTLY. It's really amazing.
Ram1

Postby shorty » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:54 pm

I know it's amazing how he totally sounds like john.
Paul and him should try some stuff together.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:14 pm

I sort of tuned out Sean when he started saying his father was killed by a conspiracy sent by the government. I heard him on a Lenny Kravitz record and he sings like Yoko. I always thought it was sad that both Sean and Julian grew up without a father - it's a wonder they are as well-adjusted as they are. Growing up the son of a legend is not an easy thing.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:44 pm

I agree with you chris, that's when I thought sean is a total ass.
But you have to remember the poor kid had yoko ono to brain wash him.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Rundevilrun » Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:27 pm

Didn't Julian have a birthday the other day? 39 I believe...
Rundevilrun

Postby shinestar » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:11 am

I don't know about Sean but I don't think Julian is well adjusted since he is still angry at Yoko for not giving him more when John died. He's almost as old now as John was when he died and I think he should learn to let it go and move on. He takes after his mother whom John wouldn't have married if she weren't pregnant. I was always waiting for one of them to find someone else as I thought that was a marriage that wouldn't last, given how it began. As to what Sean said re a conspiracy, there's a book out on that subject and he may have been referring to that. It is possible that it's true given how John was bugged, etc. by the government and how they tried to deport him for years, but I don't think it's true. And I'm a big fan of Yoko - I think she's a brilliant artist.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:11 am

Actually, wouldn't he be 40? I thought he was born in '62. Maybe you're right, I don't know. Anyway, I do have to agree with you Chris about Sean's voice. Although his songs are great, sometimes I just can't adjust to his voice. For those of you whom haven't heard it, it's really high and....well....high.
Ram1

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions