Chant Hare Krishna and Be Happy

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby applescruff4hari » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:11 am

Hello to everyone, Just wanted to put in a few good words in praise of George Harrison. He truly wrote some of the most meaningful music. I myself was greatly influenced by him when he sang about his
"sweet lord" and message of Lord Krishna. This is a more than 5000 year old religion. Known as "Hare Krishna" to many, it is "Vaishnava" Hinduism and it gives a message of love for God and respect for all life. Many devotees (like myself) are vegetarian. It is a religion that does not claim to be the "only way", or attack other religions. It teaches respect for all and that we are all "spirit souls" in one great family with God as our Supreme Father "Krishna" in common. Strange how so many people have an opinion towards Hare Krishna even though they have never gone to a temple, talked to a devotee, or read one of the many books of Vedic knowledge translated by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. http://www.geocities.com/radhakrishna108/prabhu.html It is much better to base an opinion on knowledge of the subject. George felt deeply that he had found something priceless, and he did. I myself have found it. The fact still remains that whatever religion, culture, race, or nationality a person may claim, everyone should respect eachother. While I myself didn't know George personally, I always wanted to meet him and his band mates. I did have the pleasure of meeting some of his friends. Paul also has a very firm standing in doing good for others and I urge everyone to take his message of vegetarianism to heart. Visit a Krishna temple and think of George and how much he loved it. Check out http://www.geocities.com/radhakrishna108 and http://www.asitis.com God bless you Paul. Thanks for the beautiful site!
applescruff4hari

Postby applescruff4hari » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:11 am

Hello to everyone, Just wanted to put in a few good words in praise of George Harrison. He truly wrote some of the most meaningful music. I myself was greatly influenced by him when he sang about his
"sweet lord" and message of Lord Krishna. This is a more than 5000 year old religion. Known as "Hare Krishna" to many, it is "Vaishnava" Hinduism and it gives a message of love for God and respect for all life. Many devotees (like myself) are vegetarian. It is a religion that does not claim to be the "only way", or attack other religions. It teaches respect for all and that we are all "spirit souls" in one great family with God as our Supreme Father "Krishna" in common. Strange how so many people have an opinion towards Hare Krishna even though they have never gone to a temple, talked to a devotee, or read one of the many books of Vedic knowledge translated by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. http://www.geocities.com/radhakrishna108/prabhu.html It is much better to base an opinion on knowledge of the subject. George felt deeply that he had found something priceless, and he did. I myself have found it. The fact still remains that whatever religion, culture, race, or nationality a person may claim, everyone should respect eachother. While I myself didn't know George personally, I always wanted to meet him and his band mates. I did have the pleasure of meeting some of his friends. Paul also has a very firm standing in doing good for others and I urge everyone to take his message of vegetarianism to heart. Visit a Krishna temple and think of George and how much he loved it. Check out http://www.geocities.com/radhakrishna108 and http://www.asitis.com God bless you Paul. Thanks for the beautiful site!
applescruff4hari

Postby Brains » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:06 am

quote:Originally posted by applescruff4hariIt is much better to base an opinion on knowledge of the subject.

true, but

quote:or read one of the many books of Vedic knowledge translated by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

Now somehow that doesn't sound like a fun thing to do in my spare time.

Seriously, I don't like it when someone tries to convert me. Go and chant your Hare Krishna things and be happy doing so, but 'Don't Bother Me' [:D] with that.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:15 am

Agreed with Brains. If people are going to gravitate to a particular religion - any religion at all - they will probably do it anyway, without any help from people trying to convert them. Not religious myself, I too am not keen on the idea of people trying to convert me.

I am not attacking you or any religion with this post, I am simply giving you a bit of advice.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:02 pm

Well, we don't have to agree on anything but just RESPECT people's choices, as religious, political, musical, sexual, etc., etc...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:10 pm

In complement, if in the world we could have more RESPECT for other people's choices we would have a PEACEFUL world...no war, no fightings, no discord... but it's just an UTOPIA, isn't it?? You know I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one...[;)]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Brains » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:59 am

As always you're right Nito! I just got the idea that 4hari didn't respect my non religious view on things. I do respect his Hare Krishna beliefs however, I just don't want to be bothered by them.

Imagine all the people, living life in peace... It's a Utopia, but wouldn't it be great...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:01 am

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older - then we wouldn't have to wait so long;
And wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Jimi Hendrixx » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:24 am

George had the best attitude, man. Love your brothers and sisters and do right by your peoples. Harrison once said "I dig love" - well, i dig love and i dig dope and i dig a pony, man...

John Lennon had the best dope cause man his lyrics were heavy..

I dig a pony

I roll a stony...
I ...eat macaroni...
Jimi Hendrixx

Postby nicholeantoinette » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:45 pm

quote:Originally posted by Jimi Hendrixx
George had the best attitude, man. Love your brothers and sisters and do right by your peoples. Harrison once said "I dig love" - well, i dig love and i dig dope and i dig a pony, man...

John Lennon had the best dope cause man his lyrics were heavy..

I dig a pony

I roll a stony...
I ...eat macaroni...
nicholeantoinette

Next

Return to GEORGE