When is it time to turn out the lights?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

When is it time to turn out the lights?

Postby JettRyder » Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:53 pm

This topic doesn't necessarily belong in the Beatles forum, but it doesn't belong anywhere else either.
We've already seen many performers perform right up until they couldn't perform anymore due to being incapacitated in some way. I never thought it that repulsive to see Frank Sinatra singing in his twilight years. Tony Bennett still looks good on stage.
Now us baby boomers are seeing our rocknroll legends approaching their geezer years and they're still going at it (Stones, Beach Boys (or should I say Mike Love and his backup band), Paul McCartney, the Who, etc.) I certainly didn't think I'd be seeing Mick Jagger prancing about on stage at 60 years of age. How does everyone feel about these guys still rocking at 70? With the exception of Mike Love, I feel like most of the others are holding up quite well. What are your thoughts?
JettRyder

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:03 pm

You should take a look at the "Retirement" topic under General Macca.
RedRoseSpeedway

Postby dsnito » Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:52 pm

I just can imagine him singing "Now I'm sixty four" four years from now.
And still very healthy, of course.
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:07 am

He'll have to write a song called that, then! A sequel, if you will - would be very interesting.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:44 am

Yeah fella!! It really would be!! And I think that he still won't lose his hair !! He once said that he'll be writing songs and doing good rock'n'roll while the life's allowing to do that. So he never did think about retirement yet.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:15 am

Good for him!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby heyjude65 » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:12 pm

As long as the star loves it, can still do it, and the fans still want it, there is nothing wrong with him/her performing well beyond retirment age. These rock stars obviously don't have to keep it up - they've made their mark and are millionairs/billionairs in their own right. They do it cuz they live it, love it, and the fans can't get enough. So I say, rock on!!!! And rock till you drop!!!
heyjude65

Postby dakota » Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:32 pm

Being a musician myself I can relate to the comment Macca once said about retirement. "Playing music is something that you never get out of your system".

I guess this means he'll play until he's no longer physically able to.

Rock on Macca!
dakota

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 12, 2002 6:39 am

Agreed! I love playing my keyboard, and whether I do it just for fun, or if I start putting the feelers out to try and make it big, I'll always love my music

Liam OSM

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions