Paul tosses Heather's ring out of window!

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby GeeReenie » Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:08 am

After everything that Paul's been through, I simply want him to be happy. If Heather completes his happiness in life, fine. I think the age difference will prove to be to great a gap, though. And Paul's children aren't the least bit happy about the relationship if one can believe what one reads, which will make things even more difficult if not impossible . . .

I think that if the wedding had taken place, Paul's people would have released an announcement to that effect. I also think that the longer this "engagement" goes on, the less likely there will be a wedding announcement made . . .

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make . . .
GeeReenie

Postby nicholeantoinette » Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:12 pm

...what woman in her right mind wouldn't want to spend every waking moment with a musical genius!?

Anyway, I got the same vibe...

"It really doesn't matter if I'm wrong, I'm right where I belong."
nicholeantoinette

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:05 pm

See MACCA-News today !

The truth behind the recent heated row between Sir Paul and Ms Mills finally emerged today. Friends of the couple say the argument that ended with Ms Mills's £15,000 engagement ring sailing out of a Florida hotelwindow began as a discussion over where the band had originated.

"Heather was annoyed after having read reports that the sapphire and diamond industries in Jaipur, in northern India, were notorious for horrific child labour practices," one friend revealed.

"She was concerned about the publicity surrounding the ring and the fact that those news stories would encourage people to buy jewellery from that area of Asia."

Ms Mills has now made it clear there is no cloud hanging over the ring or the retail outlet where it was bought.

The news that Jaipur has a child labour problem came as a shock to Sir Paul, who in the past has been involved with scores of charities including those promoting vegetarianism, the banning of landmines, famine relief, cancer care and animal rights
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby shinestar » Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:14 pm

I'm sorry but this latest ring story sounds like a bit of a whitewash to me. Much as I despise filthy (literally!) rags like the Enquirer and News of the World, I recall it was the Enquirer who first broke the news Linda's cancer was terminal and that Paul and Heather were an "item". I still give the marriage 5 years tops. I'm also beginning to think she's trying to alienate him from his kids.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby nicholeantoinette » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:23 pm

...I believe the story. Sounds like truth to me.

"It really doesn't matter if I'm wrong, I'm right where I belong."
nicholeantoinette

Postby shorty » Thu Jun 06, 2002 8:49 pm

Maybe that is the truth but It does sound like whitewash. It is paul and he does have different belives than the average. It realy sounds quite possible, however after the rush of news on a huge argument and then this statement people are always likley to belive the more exciting of the two.

As I said before it will be fun to see what is said in interviews and what not.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby shinestar » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:24 pm

Also, both Heather and Paul are known to have opinionated, hot tempers and as someone said earlier, this tour must have been a strain for her. You know, when I first learned she was going on it, which of course she would, I thought it would be a trial by fire of living with him. I don't think she really got a taste before of what it's like to be with such a famous person. Not like being almost constantly in the public eye as on a tour. She has my sympathies!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby GeeReenie » Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:09 am

From AOL News (for you non-AOL members):

McCartney and Fiancee to Tie the Knot Tuesday

By Paul McErlane
Reuters

GLASLOUGH, Ireland (June 9) - Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and his fiancee Heather Mills have arrived at the 17th century Irish castle where they plan to marry on Tuesday, it was confirmed on Sunday.

The couple arrived by helicopter at Castle Leslie in the tiny village of Glaslough close to the Irish border with British-ruled Northern Ireland for one of the most glittering celebrity events of the year.

''They are at the castle. It is true they are going to get married there on Tuesday,'' McCartney's spokesman Geoff Baker said.

The 59-year-old rock legend will be married to former model Mills, 34, by a local priest in St. Salvator's church in the castle grounds before hosting a lavish lakeside reception for 300 guests on the 1,000-acre estate.

McCartney is also expected to talk to media and fans outside the castle gates on Monday ''to say thank you'' for their patience, the spokesman said.

Confirmation of McCartney's presence ends days of speculation and false leads for the hordes of reporters who descended on the village in County Monaghan earlier this week.

Britain's Sunday People tabloid newspaper published what it said was a copy of the wedding invitation instructing guests to assemble at London's Heathrow airport on Tuesday to be flown to an undisclosed destination.

Guests were asked not to bring cameras or mobile telephones. ''This will ensure the privacy of our occasion as well as making sure you switch off and have a good time,'' it read.

After speculation the wedding could be in Scotland or the United States, the hunt narrowed down last week when Sir John Leslie, an 84-year-old member of the family that has owned Castle Leslie for 300 years, met reporters on his way to post a letter in the village.

In a refreshing display of indiscretion, Leslie, a self-described eccentric sporting a peacock-feather beret, told the world the event was indeed happening on Tuesday, but it was all ''dead secret.''

FRENZIED PREPARATIONS

Photographs taken by Reuters from a helicopter flying over the estate this weekend showed frenzied preparations nearing completion.

A covered walkway has been constructed between the 14-bedroom castle and the estate's stone church to shield guests from airborne media and, presumably, the Irish rain, and a huge marquee and wooden platform erected by the castle's lake.

Lighting and amplification equipment has been set up. A large lakeside outdoor stage could be for dancing or impromptu jamming sessions by musical guests. Vast amounts of flowers were being unloaded from large refrigerated container lorries.

McCartney appears to be taking no chances on the security front -- from the air, uniformed men with walkie-talkies were visible around the perimeter of the grounds.

It is the second time around for McCartney, who met Mills at a charity event and announced their engagement last July. His wife Linda died of breast cancer in 1998.

Mills' leg was amputated below the knee in 1993 after she was hit by a police motorcycle in central London. She went on to fundraise for amputees and land mine charities.

While many prominent members of Irish society are reportedly on the list of wedding guests, some of McCartney's distant Irish relatives are still awaiting their invitations, Irish Sunday newspapers reported.

Among those reported to have been invited are former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr and legendary guitarist Eric Clapton.

Reut17:29 06-09-02

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make . . .
GeeReenie

Postby dakota » Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:30 pm

Folks...being in many rocky relationships myself, I can believe that Macca and Heather coulda had a tempered fight and still be getting married. Relationships can be hot and warm like that...lol
dakota

Postby shinestar » Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:32 am

Me too! But I still give it five years - tops :-)))
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions