Paul says the same thing in interviews

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Paul says the same thing in interviews

Postby Chris Speers » Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:57 pm

Ever notice that Paul says the same thing in almost every interview. Ever wonder why he does that and he keeps repeating himself. You think he can add different colours or flavors during the interview
All i am saying he does the same interview over and over again and even with the same lilt in his voice as he does different voices.

Before you kill me, it makes an interview with him a little tedious.
As an avid fan, for many years, i know these by heart know.

The following stores are always told in an interview..I am sure there is more...Just wanted to see if anybody noticed that?

To support his feel on the musicianship between Lennon and Mccartney. Paul always says "I wrote getting better all the time" and then John said "It couldn't get no worse"...I had the sweet line and John had the sarcastic line.

To support his theory that he isn't a control freak
Then when i was doing my love, Henry McCullough came to me and said "Mind if i change the solo"...(Scottish accent and lilt in his voice). I had an orchestra and all these musicians..I should sure ok...

I was doing Hey Jude...and George was answering back...(imitating a guitar sound)..."da...daa...da..." and i didn't really see it that way...So, it was a bit of a number for sure to have to dare say to George Harrison,one of the greats of all time, to dare to tell him, not to play on the solo....cause i didn't really see it that way'''

Any others....
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:38 am

Oh Chris, I'm YOUR fan! Let's hope those guys don't read what you said! In case you didn't notice, there are more than 1 print of the film, Let It Be. In one of them, Paul's sitting on the edge of Ringo's platform and Ringo's sitting behind his drum kit. Paul's giving an interview and when he says a particularly obnoxious thing, Ringo "accidentally" drops his sticks. I love that scene. Paul of course barely missed a beat.

Actually, he's gotten better over the years. Cameron Crowe in Rolling Stone, many years ago, was the first interviewer he actually spoke to. He used to just talk and talk and talk and never say anything. In the beginning, when there were all those taped interviews on the radio (supposed to be live), I thought maybe he had asthma because he would go on and on and on and then gasp for breath before talking some more. LOL I think it's all his way of protecting his privacy and yet seeming to be accessible to the press.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:18 am

What about "I dreamt Yesterday"! I must have heard that story at least on five different occasions.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:41 am

I guess maybe sometimes he foreget's how famous he is, and figures that the person interviewing him has never heard what he is about to say, it's kinda funny, and makes him look more human.

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby Ram1 » Mon Apr 08, 2002 4:37 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about Yesterday, Brains. Or how about, (in my best Paul accent), "Well, the original lyrics for Yesterday were actually, 'Scrambled eggs, oh baby how I love your legs.'" Man, I've heard that about 528 times! Ok, I'm exaggerating. It's really about 525! Or how about...
Interviewer: "So how did you get started in music?"
Paul: "Well, there was always music around the house. My dad was a jazz musician and played trumpet until his teeth gave out...."

I've must heard that 100 times. But it's not always Paul's "fault". A lot of times, interviewers ask him these same boring questions, so of course he's gonna answer. However, I *have* heard Paul bring up the story about Yesterday himself quite a few times.
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:12 pm

As Ram1 said, interviewers keep asking the same old boring questions ad infinitum. What's always annoyed me even more is when they used to ask him about John's stuff and vice versa when any real fan could probably tell nearly line by line in the beginning who wrote what. Even a few years ago, Paul quite rightly complained when an ad showed John's glasses or what looked like them with Paul's lines from A Day In the Life. People should do their research!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby constv » Tue Apr 09, 2002 2:50 pm

Paul has always been a PR man. No wonder his stories are usually "well prepared" and rehearsed, many of his promotional interviews are staged. He does and says what he thinks works best... It's not that he's always right but I guess it makes him feel on the safe side. He realizes that any of his words could be turned against him. I think these days he knows better than to burp out a stupid comment that will get blown up and spread around the world by the media, like his infamous "It's a drag, innit?" comment in response to the question about John's death - the morning after John was shot.
constv

Postby Nana » Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:59 pm

Is Henry McCullough Scottish or Norhern Irish?
Nana

Postby shinestar » Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:52 pm

Hey, Consty - you know the old Stones song on Aftermath - The Under-Assistant West Coast PR Man? It always made me think of Paul - it's a perfect description of him being paranoid. LOL And I say this with love.:-)
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccafan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:46 pm

It boils down to the fact that they keep asking the same old tired questions, that's not Pauls fault!!
I wouldn't ask him anything about the Beatles, I'd concentrate strictly on his post Beatles career!! I want to know when did he first start playing piano, the same with the drums, I'd ask him if there's going to be a live album after this tour, is he already writing songs for his next album, and will we ever get that box set of unreleased studio and live material??
I'd like to know which instrument is his very favorite, we may think it's the bass but I think he loves to play electric guitar!! If I had the chance this is the kind of stuff I'd ask Paul McCartney, oh there is one more question I'd ask, could I please write a song with you Mr. McCartney??
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions