Concerts for the Queen

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:21 pm

OK---He sang this song at the tribute to John Lennon last fall in NYC....I thought it sucked, but my wife, who loves the actor, thought it was passable---I say she's daft!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:22 pm

I'm only posting this one, because I can't wait to see the word JUNIOR under my name......I must retire now. Goodbye and good luck to all....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:23 pm

Ah, I see. Well, I'll try and do better than he did. It's not the singing that's the problem, I keep bungling up on the keyboard! I don't know if it's the same bit each time, because I can't remember where I bungled up each time - oh well, practise makes perfect . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:24 pm

Let us welcome Steve to Junior Member status - hey, you don't need to retire, you've got another 400 posts as a junior member

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:33 pm

On to the AVERAGE quest.....As for Spacey, the Chorus was actually a spot-on imitation of JL and not that bad....if you've never seen this guy on the couch on a talk show, he can literally imitate anyone---his best is Al Pacino--hilarious....a hidden talent for a great actor---who probably be the first one to tell you can't "sing" as much as "imitate". As for you fingering the ivories, practice DOES make perfect.

Edited by - stevew628 on 06/05/2002 14:34:36
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:37 pm

quote:
As for you fingering the ivories, practice DOES make perfect.

Glad to see you questin for average status - I plan on reaching that this month!

And I know about practise making perfect on the keyboard - like I said, even the songs I can do well, like Let It Be and Things We Said Today, take some doing. My wersion of TWST is quite different to the original. Mine is more blues-jazz borderline type - it's the sort of arrangement it would have if someone like Ella Fitzgerald sang it. I use a drum pattern on my keyboard, and the piano voice, and sing accordingly. No change to the melody or chords or anything, just altering the arrangement to suit my requirements

Liam OSM

Postby Len » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:57 pm

Liam, or anyone else in the UK: my TV guide lists that special tonight on BBC1, but Ceefax doesn't even mention it. Any news on that?

"It's only a model."
Len

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:01 pm

Len - WHAT TIME IS IT ON??????

Liam OSM

Postby Len » Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:03 pm

My TV guide has it on at 11.45 my time. So that should be 10.45 your time. It's called "There's only one Paul McCartney".

"It's only a model."
Len

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:11 pm

There was something like that on at 10.00 on sunday night - maybe your TV guide is wrong. But feel free to watch it anyway. It should mention the Liverpool Oratorio a bit, as well as all the usual Beatles/Wings malarchy - plus the "five of them seeds sent to us came up illegal!" incident . . .

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions