Where´s Denny Laine?

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:41 pm

quote:
Denny Laine was good for the group - Band on the Run would have never happened if it wasn't for Denny

Chris, I agree with you here - just look at the events, people. Denny Seiwell and Henry McCulloch had just quit the band rather than go to Africa. All of a sudden, Paul lost his drummer and lead guitarist. That left himself, Linda, and Denny Laine. Denny stuck with him, and they got out to Africa and recorded the album. I rest my case

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:14 pm

Yes---Denny was good for the group, but I would guess that Macca would have done it all himself (he darn near did anyway), forged ahead and made McCartney II much earlier, and, dare I say, much better.

Edited by - stevew628 on 06/05/2002 14:15:44
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:16 pm

quote:
Yes---Denny was good for the group, but I would guess that Macca would have done it all himself (he darn near did anyway), forged ahead and made McCartney II much earlier, and, dare I say, much better.

I agree with you there - for a start, it wouldn't have been synth-dominated! So many songs on Mac2, I just think, "could have been really good, IF ONLY . . ." *sigh*

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby The Man » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:35 pm

Denny had his moments in Wings and I believe he may have been held back by Paul as far as songwriting credits go... most of his Wings songs were quite good.
The Man

Postby jet » Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:23 pm

quote:
I read in some magazines a few years ago that Denny did an autobiography that refers some indiscretions about the work in the Wings band, and about Paul's family private life, and due to this, Paul was hurted so much, and made him very angry with Denny. After that, Paul never met Denny anymore. Is that true? Why did Denny something like that, after almost ten years of a good relationship?
jet

Postby jet » Fri Jul 05, 2002 6:36 pm

quote:
I read in some magazines a few years ago that Denny did an autobiography that refers some indiscretions about the work in the Wings band, and about Paul's family private life, and due to this, Paul was hurted so much, and made him very angry with Denny. After that, Paul never met Denny anymore. Is that true? Why did Denny something like that, after almost ten years of a good relationship?

As far as I can remember, Denny gave an interview about 20 years ago to a UK daily newspaper which has a reputation for this type of scandalmongering, and this was what was the cause of ill feeling between Paul and Denny. I just think it is a terrible shame that their friendship/working relationship should have ended in this way.
jet

Previous

Return to MACCA - all discussions