From FaxDaily.com..songwriting switcheroo poll

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:48 pm

today's opinion poll
NEW YORK — Paul McCartney’s new live album, Back in the U.S., credits 19 Beatles songs to “Paul McCartney and John Lennon,” rather than “Lennon/McCartney.” Yoko Ono’s lawyer tells Rolling Stone what McCartney did is “absolutely inappropriate” because Lennon and McCartney had an agreement to credit all their Beatles music to Lennon/ McCartney. McCartney disputes that claim. His spokesman says Lennon and McCartney agreed in the 60s they could switch the names whenever they felt like it. McCartney has been crediting his name first on Beatles songs on his solo albums since 1976. However, for anything on the Beatles’ Apple label, all band mem-bers or their estates must approve any changes unanimously. Do you think what McCartney did was
“absolutely inappropriate?”

Submit response.

I bet you can guess what my response was. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:48 pm

today's opinion poll
NEW YORK — Paul McCartney’s new live album, Back in the U.S., credits 19 Beatles songs to “Paul McCartney and John Lennon,” rather than “Lennon/McCartney.” Yoko Ono’s lawyer tells Rolling Stone what McCartney did is “absolutely inappropriate” because Lennon and McCartney had an agreement to credit all their Beatles music to Lennon/ McCartney. McCartney disputes that claim. His spokesman says Lennon and McCartney agreed in the 60s they could switch the names whenever they felt like it. McCartney has been crediting his name first on Beatles songs on his solo albums since 1976. However, for anything on the Beatles’ Apple label, all band mem-bers or their estates must approve any changes unanimously. Do you think what McCartney did was
“absolutely inappropriate?”

Submit response.

I bet you can guess what my response was. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:08 pm

Steve, just visited that site. CHOKE!!!! Great stuff, man. I'd never heard of it. Reminds me of The Onion.
Ram1

Return to MACCA In-The-Media