Secret Website Show - Report :

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:41 am

I heard and saw most of the soundcheck and I always wondered what the piano parts were. Sounds like almost the identical soundcheck in cleveland except for the Foxy lady part. Very cool to finally hear it well.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:54 am

WAD
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:04 pm

wad
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccafan » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:33 pm

Mike I gotta say thanks man, that was absolutely awesome!! Paul McCartney is without a doubt the greatest singer/songwriter in the history of music!!
This man switches styles of music like it's nothing!! As awesome as the current tour was, this shows that it could of been even better!! Imagine these guys doing more of Pauls Wings/solo material, they would blow minds if they did Juniors Farm, Smile Away, Big Barn Bed, Stranglehold, Girlschool, Cafe On The Left Bank, etc!!
These guys have to record another studio album, and another live album together because this clearly shows that they have only touched the surface of what they can really do!! On the next leg of his tour Paul needs to change the entire setlist and really stretch out with this band!!
Paul if your checking this out, the Beatles were great but your Wings/solo material would be absolutely killer live, and it's way overdue!!!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby BYTOWN » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:54 am

I am new to the forum, but have been a long time fan of Macca Central, still by far the best McCartney site on the Net!! I watched the Secret Website concert yesterday, but half way through the show it suddenly shut down. I have not been able to get back on since. The message ACCESS TO THE SECRET WEBSITE ONLY FROM PAUL MCCARTNEY BACK IN THE US DVD. I was very impressed with what I saw, but I have to admit some frustration in that, why did he not release a double DVD with all of the concert (from pre show to encore) and then on a second DVD, rehearsal and extra footage. It is frustrating to want to watch or listen to material and yet impossible to purchase. Getting back to my original question. Has Macca Central's access to the Secret Website been shut down, or am I doing something wrong, is anyone else having any problems?? Thanks and cheers!
BYTOWN

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:03 am

UPDATE: I waited before I posted these URLs but now that they have become public knowledge from this site and now other sites, they have modified the secret site so these are no longer bringing the feed of the secret show. I questioned my reasons for publishing these in the first place but after considering the drawbacks and the fact that quite a few people who have bought the DVD still couldn't successful view the show I decided to publish them.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby BYTOWN » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:39 pm

Thanks for the update Mike. Was the site "modified" because of this sites connection? I guess the only way I (and most other people, from what I am hearing) will ever see this concert is to hope someone, somewhere has a copy, because I won't be buying a DVD player for my computer any time soon. I am disappointed. Is it possible to copy onto a disc the concert from the "secret Site"? Excuse my computer ignorance here. Thanks and cheers.
BYTOWN

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:23 pm

DVD roms are cheaper than you think.
http://www.froogle.com/froogle?q=DVD+rom

The new search engine searches for products for you to compare. Sony 16x DVD starting at about $40 bucks.

I recommend a local computer store, instead of one of those big major places. The local guy will take care of you better if he's been in business for a few years.
Mike

Postby Aujouret » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:08 am

I dug out this old topic as I have been considering buying a new comp.
I can only confirm what Mike says about the price of DVD-Roms thesedays. I am finding really good prices out there. I remember I paid $1000 for my comp-printer. And that was 1999. Now I can very easily pay only half that.
I was just wondering computers everyone uses. I'm looking at Dell desktops, low range end for the poor old Aujouret.
I think Steve said he had a laptop w/DVD and I know Liam has something at home, but doesn't use the internet at home.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:32 am

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret

I think Steve said he had a laptop w/DVD
That would be W/O DVD, madame. [:(]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media