Secret Website Show - Report :

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:13 pm

That poses a dilemma expecting backwards compatibility on new releases. I suppose I should start complaining that Back in the US hasn't been released on Laser disc like Rupert, Put it There, Flaming Pie etc. or on Beta or VHS for that matter. Luckily I put in a DVD on my computer. I've never once watched a movie on it thinking it would be stupid to sit in front of a 17" monitor when I could watch a DVD movie on a regular TV set. I new sometime soon there would be actual computer data on a DVD. DVD roms are what $40 or $50 in the States probably cheaper I think there about $70 Canadian.

Maybe with the numbers that Back in the US has done to date will encourage MPL to release it on VHS at least. The secret website is a bonus. It would be technically possible for them to set up a voucher link, where you can register and login as normal on someone elses computer with your DVD and then they can email you a voucher key to get into the site, but though it is possible for them to do that, it would be taken advantage of and people would give the key away and before you know it, it's not exclusive any more.

I think the secret webstie is real cool, kinda of like buying the Wings Over America album where you got the extra posters in it. You didn't buy the album you don't get the posters.
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:20 pm

quote:2nd - Nobody has told me this that she is claiming to be the moderator as she is not. I will address this immediately. Everyone is welcome there and yours is the first complaint of this nature.

It has happened quite a bit.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:32 pm

Next time drop me a private email right away and if I get it soon enough I'll come into the chat to clear the matter up. Don't leave the chat. I check my email quite often so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

It isn't anyone's personal chat room no more than these forums are someones personal forums.
Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:38 pm

thank you sir. [:)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:17 am

quote:Originally posted by Mike
You didn't buy the album you don't get the posters.
Yeah, but I could actually see those posters. Most of us, thankfully, are equipped with eyes that work. But your point is well taken. All i'm saying is that alot of folks won't be able to actually use the special feature.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:18 am

Here are 2 direct feeds of "The Secret Website Show" for those still having problems with the DVD or won't get it til Christmas. The show is only up for a few more days so I thought it would be nice to share this with those who still haven't seen the show. You will need the latest Windows Media Player http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... efault.asp to watch the show

56k Dialup feed mms://wm.uvision.net/vod/mhp3/busa/secret_show-56.wmv
Broadband feed mms://wm.uvision.net/vod/mhp3/busa/secret_show-300.wmv

UPDATE: I waited before I posted these URLs but now that they have become public knowledge from this site and now other sites, they have modified the secret site so these are no longer bringing the feed of the secret show. I questioned my reasons for publishing these in the first place but after considering the drawbacks and the fact that quite a few people who have bought the DVD still couldn't successful view the show I decided to publish them.
Mike

Postby Ram1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:50 am

Great. Thanks, Mike. I'll try it and see if it works for me.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:28 am

WOW. AWESOME!! Auj, you weren't kidding about Paul's solos on Honey Hush! He totally RIPPED through those solos. YES! I think probably the best lead guitar work I've ever heard/seen Paul do. And the Foxy Lady outro was just awesome. Blackbird was fun. Calico Skies with the whole band is just amazing. Paul's bass solo on "Welcome"...YES! India is absolutely fantastic. I would have rathered Paul put that on DR instead of Jaipur, really. Lady Madonna with Thadeus was great! Especially with the extended solo in the middle. It was really great to see him again after all these years. All in all, AWESOME show. Thank you, Mike! Seriously. Appreciate it.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:35 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
WOW. AWESOME!! Auj, you weren't kidding about Paul's solos on Honey Hush! He totally RIPPED through those solos. YES! I think probably the best lead guitar work I've ever heard/seen Paul do. And the Foxy Lady outro was just awesome. Blackbird was fun. Calico Skies with the whole band is just amazing. Paul's bass solo on "Welcome"...YES! India is absolutely fantastic. I would have rathered Paul put that on DR instead of Jaipur, really. Lady Madonna with Thadeus was great! Especially with the extended solo in the middle. It was really great to see him again after all these years. All in all, AWESOME show. Thank you, Mike! Seriously. Appreciate it.
That WAS awesome..if there are more things coming like this, I will get a DVD player for my laptop (which is my main computer). AWESOME!!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:38 am

W.A.D., Steve. If there are more things in store like this, I will definitely look into getting a DVD player for the comp.
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA In-The-Media