2 hour Back in the U.S. on ABC

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:45 am

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
My favorite part of the film "back in the US" is the two girls in the Sgt. Pepper jackets - they reinforce the fact that there is 3rd and 4th generational fans who dig the music. They looked like they were having a blast. Any shots of kids (wide-eyed and glowing) - i really liked - although i wasn't thrilled about the rest of the shots except for the shot of the old silver haired guy who cried.

Yes, i too bought a DVD player on Tuesday just for the DVD and they rock and they are very inexpensive.

Right, Chris. Those were my favorite parts of the audience too.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:06 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
My favorite part of the film "back in the US" is the two girls in the Sgt. Pepper jackets - they reinforce the fact that there is 3rd and 4th generational fans who dig the music. They looked like they were having a blast. Any shots of kids (wide-eyed and glowing) - i really liked - although i wasn't thrilled about the rest of the shots except for the shot of the old silver haired guy who cried.

Yes, i too bought a DVD player on Tuesday just for the DVD and they rock and they are very inexpensive.

Right, Chris. Those were my favorite parts of the audience too.

Me too, Chris. There were some very touching things in the DVD.
I was playing it for hours over and over yesterday while I was home cleaning the apt. Sometimes I would just stop working and end up getting so into the DVD, laughing, getting emotional, dancing...
It's funny how suddenly concert memories kind of sneak up and get me.
Funny, yes...wonderful.
This has been the best year of my life and this DVD is a fun reminder of how unbelievable this year has been.
Bless you, dear Paul. Love you, babe.
Thank you from a very grateful fan.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:19 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
bad megs, no caffeine! [;)]
what? UR CONFUSING ME[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby moose6410 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:00 am

Oh yeah! I kept thinking, "The TV audience is missing Macca talking to us, as though he were playing to a small club, or as though he embraced every person in the audience, and made everyone feel at ease." It was then that we all got to know the man, and lovely it was, too!quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:Originally posted by RainDriver2002
And one entire performance, uncut and unedited--just as those of us who experienced it and were lucky enough to see him this year. That would be great.

Right. Exactly. The entire opening sequence, every single bit of the between songs dialogue, everything. Taken from ONE single show. That would be great.
moose6410

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media