DEC. 8th-2002

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

DEC. 8th-2002

Postby music peace » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:08 pm

oh my gosh, will it really have been 22 years ago, on dec 8th that John was shot? Wow...it's hard to believe. [:(] He was such an incredible man. Such a horrible way for anyone to die.
Does anyone ever do anything to honor John on dec. 8th? Just wondering.
music peace

DEC. 8th-2002

Postby music peace » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:08 pm

oh my gosh, will it really have been 22 years ago, on dec 8th that John was shot? Wow...it's hard to believe. [:(] He was such an incredible man. Such a horrible way for anyone to die.
Does anyone ever do anything to honor John on dec. 8th? Just wondering.
music peace

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:02 am

I try in my own to focus on the Birthday rather than the Dec 8th. I live not too far (2 1/2 miles or so) from the Dakota. And i always try to avoid it at all costs (the a or the c Subway line is right there).

It sort of like living in Dallas near Dealey Plaza where they shot JFK or living in D.C. near Ford's theatre - i still can't believe that a guy walking home could be cut down in the prime of his life and his biggest crime was making music and being a family guy.

Please don't turn this thread into a ban the guns utopian kind of political posturing. I really don't think John was about that (this is the same guy who violently beat his first wife and attacked old man Bob Wooler in an alcohol induced rage - if anything Lennon was a man of contradiction and hypocracy - not the man of peace - others make him out to be. He was human and he was flawed. Paul was right in being offended when people made John a myth and not a man.

If John had a bodyguard or had some kind of security team (sorry Yoko), he may be alive today - if only the car pulled into the Dakota instead of leaving him outside the curb. I wonder why nobody has ever mentioned the driver's name and the guilt he must have felt. If Lennon had the right security and took care of business the way Paul does, he might have escaped. Just some tired old speculation - he's dead and that's that.

If Lennon's death proves anything to me being the rightful conservative he said modestly, it's how important it is to have the death penalty in this country so slime like Mark Chapman pay for their crimes. For those of you not in favor of the death penalty, i offer you the scum who bombed WTC and the Washington DC snipes as text-book examples of why we need the death penalty.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Man Tissa » Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:12 am

If only this and if only that... hindsight gives you 20/20 vision.... the guy stalked him for 3 days before shooting him so if he didn't get him on the 3rd he would have waited for the 4th or the 5th.....John's number was up unfortunately.... he lived there for 5 years without a problem, he never felt threatened or in need of bodyguards... maybe he was too lax with his security especially since he was back in the public eye... but I wouldn't say he was careless...
Man Tissa

Postby Brains » Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:34 am

He went to New York because he couldn't live in England anymore, everybody'd recognise him. In NY he could walk on the streets without drawing too much attention. I think that's what was most important to John, being free to go where he wanted. A body guard would have made him less free, and more noticeable.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:07 pm

Right, Brains. A bodyguard is the LAST thing John wanted. He wanted to be able to walk the streets freely. Unfortunately, that's what led to his murder, I guess.
Ram1

Postby nicholeantoinette » Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:17 pm

John's time was just up.

...bloody stalker.
nicholeantoinette

Postby mr. kite » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:52 am

Like the death of Buddy Holly, John's death is like the DAY THE MUSIC DIED.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:11 am

quote:Originally posted by mr. kite
Like the death of Buddy Holly, John's death is like the DAY THE MUSIC DIED.

That's interesting, because all the acts I am into seriously had their first album out by 1980 . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Thu Dec 05, 2002 10:01 am

Best thing about music is that it will NEVER die.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to JOHN