Over-rated

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:23 pm

George had a father sort of relationship with John. Paul was more of a peer. So, George had a lot of hurt toward John sort of a rejection vibe. George had some dirty, awkward moments on film in the anthology around Paul and George just didn't take crap from anybody including Paul - who is known to be a little swarmy around cameras. A little plastic and a little phony - and that's clear in the Anthology video - watch it for yourself.

I always felt that Paul was 1,000% wrong not to show up in the 1988 Beatles hall of fame. It was one of the few times that he completely dropped the ball in a public relations sense. And he was wrong to do that, too.

I always felt Paul was wrong to chide George in the press for not making up with John. John and Paul never mended fences either - they just didn't cause they were just guys. Again, go back to the Paul and John interviews around that time - there was still a lot of mistrust there. Paul spinning that now is his way of trying to ease off his own guilt. That sort of thing is wrong because it makes it seem like Paul and John were best friends before he died. And that's just historically inaccurate. John said himself "I haven't talked to Paul in ten years (Newsweek Sept 1980" and his bitter - sort of venom-filled comments about Paul, Mick, and other musicians - just shows that Lennon didn't reach out to Paul and still harbored a lot of pain towards those guys rejecting yoko and his own insecurity.

As Casey Stengel says, you can look it up!!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:19 am

quote:Over-rated

Paul's Band on the Run
Lennon's "Double - Fantasy"
Band on the Run
Flaming Pie
Linda's contribution to Wings
Paul McCartney - avant garde Beatle
Abe and Rusty Anderson
Lennon the Rocker
Paul McCartney's vegatarianism (peace and love comments)

you've got to be kidding. Just because you are old school doesn't make abe and rusty overrated.[;)] I disagree with just about everything on this list.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mr. kite » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:04 am

Hey, Chris, I'm enjoying MOST of your views but not ALL.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:44 pm

Foreigner, WAD. [:D]

Oops...had it wrong. Looks like Liam is on his spell-check jag again. I've let several of his go, lol. Must be that Sheffy keyboarditis.[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:35 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Foriegner, WAD. [:D]

Who are they? Some dyslexic Foreigner tribute band? If they are, they can't be a patch on the real thing 'cos tribute bands to anybody never really are, and Foreigner ROCK!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:39 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Foreigner ROCK!
Quality, no doubt, lol.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:21 am

Foreigner, WAD. [:D]

Oops...had it wrong. Looks like Liam is on his spell-check jag again. I've let several of his go, lol. Must be that Sheffy keyboarditis.[:D]

I am normally very thorough and correct typos before I submit the post - and I just made about three then.

As to your Foreigner argument, well, let's see. Foreigner were on the same record label (Atlantic) as Led Zep, and also I think The Stones and The Who. And the biggest selling record on this label? Foreigner 4. 17 million sales of this album can't be wrong.
Liam OSM

Postby Steve-o » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:37 am

There's no answer for bad taste. Mostly teeny-boppers bought that crap back in the day. Your argument is weak. Sales numbers don't mean something's great. Look at the charts today. Are you saying that N Sync is better than Macca? They sell more. They MUST be better. You need come up with something far more convincing than that one.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:32 pm

There's no answer for bad taste.

CHOKE!

Seriously, good points, Steve. I wholeheartedly agree.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:35 pm

Yeah, right-on, Steve.

whatever happened to Da Man and Chris?
Perhaps they are pickling their livers together down under, running a tabloid newspaper, bashing Paul.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions