Non-Paul fans and the Back in the US TV special

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:32 am

It's amazing how many teenagers have no clue about any beatles tunes.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:42 am

teenagers from the inner city have no feeling nor any point of reference when it comes to the Beatles. Many of the kids i work with do not know who the "Beatles are". It's sort of like a kid from the 70's having a reference point with Sinatra.

Kids are more into hip-hop or dance music. Just for the record, they don't know mo-town that well either.

Pepper or Rigby - they just haven't heard of it.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:15 am

Adn whenever I let my friends hear something, they say: "hmm, that's actually pretty good". "Beatles" is something that sounds old to them, something for their parents, not something cool.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Tue Dec 03, 2002 4:19 pm

I know young people who are hip to The Beatles.
I loved seeing all the little kids singing along in the DVD.
How cool was that? I just loved it.[:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby shinestar » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:38 pm

"A weak nostalgia act"???? Excuse me? I don't think so! [:(!] The man has always rocked and will rock until he's dead, which I hope won't be for a long, long time. [:)][:)] There is NOTHING musically weak about Macca and never has been. As for nostalgia - tell it to the fans - he's simply doing what he's been begged to do for years! People can't get enough of the Beatles' songs and audience reaction proves that. It is sooo cool to see so many different age groups singing along! People like that don't even deserve an answer; they are so far from any understanding of this guy and his work.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Aujouret » Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:04 am

quote:Originally posted by shinestar
"A weak nostalgia act"???? Excuse me? I don't think so! [:(!] The man has always rocked and will rock until he's dead, which I hope won't be for a long, long time. [:)][:)] There is NOTHING musically weak about Macca and never has been. As for nostalgia - tell it to the fans - he's simply doing what he's been begged to do for years! People can't get enough of the Beatles' songs and audience reaction proves that. It is sooo cool to see so many different age groups singing along! People like that don't even deserve an answer; they are so far from any understanding of this guy and his work.

You tell them, Shinestar. [:p]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby moose6410 » Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:46 am

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret
I know young people who are hip to The Beatles.
I loved seeing all the little kids singing along in the DVD.
How cool was that? I just loved it.[:)]
[:D]Oh absolutely!!! There seems to be a gap between the kids who know and love the Beatles, who for some reason are quite young, and many college kids now who have no idea where the music they revere got its roots, and are clueless about the Beatles, much less the huge mass of music they set off. And it's also true that black kids I work with know nothing about Motown. Sad...Macca revered all kinds of music, and utilized it in his own work. Throughout the history of music, even classical music, composers stole from each other, and even themselves! Knowing lots about different kinds of music opens people up to whole new vistas in life, as well as gives them comfort, inspiration, and hope. Macca was one of the all-time best at expressing our feelings for us, and I, too, wouldn't want to hear anyone else sing his classics. With a voice like that, why mess with perfection? [:X]
moose6410

Previous

Return to MACCA In-The-Media