Concerts for the Queen

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Concerts for the Queen

Postby Brains » Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:55 am

From the Dutch McCartney-fanclub I got the entire setlist for tomorrow's concert.

I'm not gonna post it completely, just the stuff I found interesting.
Email me when you want the whole thing.

By the way, Wix and Phil Collins are in the house band.

The Corrs will play "The Long & Winding Road" at 20:11:25 (yes, it's that precise)

A medley by Queen (well, Roger Taylor and Brian May and some other guys) at 20:33:55. They'll play Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Ga Ga, We Are The Champions and We Will Rock You

A Beach Boys Medley, with Brian Wilson, Eric Clapton, the Corrs and Emma Bunton (Spice Girls) at 21:20:00. Songs: California Girls, The Warmth Of The Sun, God Only Knows and Good Vibrations

Then at 21:37:00 exact, Sir Paul will play Blackbird solo.

Eric Clapton will do Layla at 21:42:40

Sir George Martin will announce the grand finale at 22:10:10.
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Paul and Eric Clapton (house band)
- Sgt. Pepper / The End by Paul and Eric (Paul's band)
- All You Need Is Love by Rod Stewart, TBC, Joe Cocker and Eric Clapton (and all together for the Love is All You Need outro)
- Hey Jude by Paul

It all starts at 19:30 British time. That's 20:30 here in Holland, I don't know what time it is in America then.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Concerts for the Queen

Postby Brains » Sun Jun 02, 2002 6:55 am

From the Dutch McCartney-fanclub I got the entire setlist for tomorrow's concert.

I'm not gonna post it completely, just the stuff I found interesting.
Email me when you want the whole thing.

By the way, Wix and Phil Collins are in the house band.

The Corrs will play "The Long & Winding Road" at 20:11:25 (yes, it's that precise)

A medley by Queen (well, Roger Taylor and Brian May and some other guys) at 20:33:55. They'll play Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Ga Ga, We Are The Champions and We Will Rock You

A Beach Boys Medley, with Brian Wilson, Eric Clapton, the Corrs and Emma Bunton (Spice Girls) at 21:20:00. Songs: California Girls, The Warmth Of The Sun, God Only Knows and Good Vibrations

Then at 21:37:00 exact, Sir Paul will play Blackbird solo.

Eric Clapton will do Layla at 21:42:40

Sir George Martin will announce the grand finale at 22:10:10.
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Paul and Eric Clapton (house band)
- Sgt. Pepper / The End by Paul and Eric (Paul's band)
- All You Need Is Love by Rod Stewart, TBC, Joe Cocker and Eric Clapton (and all together for the Love is All You Need outro)
- Hey Jude by Paul

It all starts at 19:30 British time. That's 20:30 here in Holland, I don't know what time it is in America then.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:04 am

Sounds like a great show. But, it's really idiotic for these guys to support a bulls&^ monarchy like the English Royal family. The entire royal experience should be terminated. The whole royal family contributes nothing to the entire world. I think England is moronic for supporting the family and its riches. The whole class system is a joke and we expect to relish in Paul's knighthood. Who cares? Paul was always tops anyway and the Beatles contributed (as commoners) contributed far more to the world anyway.

Let the Queen live in the public housing like Paul and his family did on Allerton road. It's a joke. Besides, the so-called English royal family was German anyway and had to make up "the Windsor" name during WWii. It's all due to intermarriage of the English and Germans in the late 1800's. As Casey Stengle said, you can look it up.

I would never bow or scrape to the English mongrels anyway. and i think it's messed up that the world should breathe a sigh of relief that the Queeen has been around for 50 years. The English should throw the lot in the Atlantic but they don't have the stones to do it. Sad, sad, sad. Thank god for America, the flag, Baseball, and Jennifer Lopez. Viva la revoultion!!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:10 am

The Royal Family are part of England's Cultural Heritage, doncha know! I've never been their biggest fan, but it gives this great country of ours a bit more identity - we have the culture, and the history. Try as I might, I find these things strangely lacking in America.

PS - this is NOT meant as an attack on Americans, just an observation. Culture and history, in the classical sense, are just not a part of American society.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:45 am

If you need a old maid Queen who hasn't done a thing in 50 years or her ridiculous son (A fool across the civilized world) to define English culture for ya, i think it's a sad indictment for English culture to begin with.

The English have always given us greatness without the monarchy (Benny Hill, the Beatles, etc, Bob Hope) - Dump the monarchy fast!!

As for America, i don't think anybody would be upset if our dependent little friends over the water critiqued us. We're the GReatest country on the face of the earth so a few insults now and then won't hurt us.

I really feel sorry for a people that have to kow tow to a class system like jolly old England. Ridiculous.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:09 am

quote:
If you need a old maid Queen who hasn't done a thing in 50 years or her ridiculous son (A fool across the civilized world) to define English culture for ya, i think it's a sad indictment for English culture to begin with.

I did not say they defined English culture. They are a PART of it. One of many parts that go to make our culture so interesting.

quote:
The English have always given us greatness without the monarchy (Benny Hill, the Beatles, etc, Bob Hope) - Dump the monarchy fast!!

And put what in its place? Give Tony Blair all the power? No way!

quote:
As for America, i don't think anybody would be upset if our dependent little friends over the water critiqued us. We're the GReatest country on the face of the earth so a few insults now and then won't hurt us.

And the most arrogant country, so it seems. For the most part, patriotism and culture seem to go hand in hand, but not with America, I have noticed. Lots of patriotism, very little culture. America may be the most powerful country in the world, but that doesn't mean the greatest.

quote:
I really feel sorry for a people that have to kow tow to a class system like jolly old England. Ridiculous.

I do not kow tow. Read what I said again, and you'll see that.

Sorry to sound aggressive, but your attack on the Royal Family was unprovoked, and while I admit they are purely symbolic nowadays, they do serve as a piece of cultural heritage.

If you have to question this, you'll probably never understand.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM

Postby skyjude » Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:17 am

Thanks for that Liam - very well put and calmly too. As a fellow Englishman I too am extremely proud of our heritage and don't believe this is the forum for discussions like this. We're all Macca fans so let's not upset each other with our own political viewpoints and get back to the music. We should really be pleased that 'All You Need Is Love' has been chosen as the song of the Jubilee and there's also rumours that the Queen herself may even sing along...
skyjude

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:20 am

Thanks to you too skyjude - I agree entirely. Like you said, this is not the place to be discussing "England v America". Peace!

Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:21 am

You both are right. This is not the place to offend people. My political beliefs are not the place for this forum. I apologize. I still think what i said is absolutely right and Paul's participation in the event is wrong - but i'll refrain from commenting.

I still think the Royals are terrible but i'll keep my yap shut
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:22 am

quote:
I still think the Royals are terrible but i'll keep my yap shut

Don't 'ya just LOVE irony?

Liam OSM

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions