Maybe I'm Amazed at how much people hate Yoko

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:11 am

I really didn't like the way John Lennon forced Yoko upon his fans. His early singles ALWAYS had a Yoko B side. I didn't want to hear her. My friends and I would play "Touch Me" and "Don't Worry Kyoko" at the wrong speed just because it sounded hideous. My favorite Lennon albums were ones where Yoko wasn't obviously present. Some blame her for the break up of the Beatles. I think she was just a convenient scapegoat.

Apart from her less than wonderful music, what is it that you dislike about Yoko? John obviously loved her very much. That's good enough for me.

Where do you stand on the Yoko bashing issue? Does she deserve to be disrespected, or do people go to far? Is Yoko bashing just a fashionable thing to do?
DylansMrJones

Postby DylansMrJones » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:11 am

I really didn't like the way John Lennon forced Yoko upon his fans. His early singles ALWAYS had a Yoko B side. I didn't want to hear her. My friends and I would play "Touch Me" and "Don't Worry Kyoko" at the wrong speed just because it sounded hideous. My favorite Lennon albums were ones where Yoko wasn't obviously present. Some blame her for the break up of the Beatles. I think she was just a convenient scapegoat.

Apart from her less than wonderful music, what is it that you dislike about Yoko? John obviously loved her very much. That's good enough for me.

Where do you stand on the Yoko bashing issue? Does she deserve to be disrespected, or do people go to far? Is Yoko bashing just a fashionable thing to do?
DylansMrJones

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:20 am

My stance is this: I am not impressed by her music. She can't sing, she can't write. Plain and simple.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby megs » Sat Nov 23, 2002 8:24 pm

i agree (w/ steve and liam)[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:31 pm

Great responses so far! I'm already learning things I didn't know. I also was reminded somewhere else in the forum about Yoko's cover for SEASON OF GLASS. I forgot about that severely tasteless cover with the bloody glasses.

I'll add one more bad thing about Yoko...With all the studio outtakes she has access to, why in the world did she give Paul, George & Ringo those inferior home demos to use for the ANTHOLOGY's "new" songs?

Thanks for all these eye opening responses...
DylansMrJones

Postby Brains » Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:30 am

She's jealous of the Beatles' success. I think she wanted the Beatles' versions of Free As A Bird and Real Love to be inferior to what she was about to release with her Lennon Anthology.

I never really thought about it, but you're right: FAAB and RL sound inferior to the studio outtakes form the Anthology.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:10 am

I never liked her. she treated julian aweful, and the rest of john's family aweful. she wouldn't even let paul use pictures of him during his tribute during the concert.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:27 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
I never liked her. she treated julian aweful, and the rest of john's family aweful. she wouldn't even let paul use pictures of him during his tribute during the concert.

I agree. Can you imagine being so small as to not
let Paul use John's photos in that tribute?
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:01 am

Nope. That's pretty damn petty to me. She's far too self-important. I mean, if she hadn't got into John's head the way she did, no way would he ever have let her sing a note on a record of his.
Liam OSM

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:12 pm

one word: useless.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions