2 hour Back in the U.S. on ABC

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:26 am

Well, I have to say, after watching the tape back some more, maybe I was a little too critical off the bat about the special. I STILL think there are way too many audience shots, but the audience shots were very respectful and nice. Especially love seeing the little kids knowing ALL the words to the songs. And my favorite shot of all is (I think during All My Loving) when the grown man with the goatee is tearing up and looks overwhelmed. That is so awesome. I'm sure the DVD is so much better without the edits. It kinda sucks because I'm not even sure if my computer can play a DVD. (I don't have a DVD player.) I've never even HELD a DVD. LOL. I'm sure I'll be pretty hard pressed to find a VHS copy, huh? I know the local Border's sells only DVD's now. Crap.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:41 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Well, I have to say, after watching the tape back some more, maybe I was a little too critical off the bat about the special. I STILL think there are way too many audience shots, but the audience shots were very respectful and nice. Especially love seeing the little kids knowing ALL the words to the songs. And my favorite shot of all is (I think during All My Loving) when the grown man with the goatee is tearing up and looks overwhelmed. That is so awesome. I'm sure the DVD is so much better without the edits. It kinda sucks because I'm not even sure if my computer can play a DVD. (I don't have a DVD player.) I've never even HELD a DVD. LOL. I'm sure I'll be pretty hard pressed to find a VHS copy, huh? I know the local Border's sells only DVD's now. Crap.

Well, Ram, I just bought a DVD player, so I expect you will have to get one too. There are some cheap ones out there for around $60 bucks. I saw one at Best Buy. I know it's hard to be able to afford all this stuff. Yeah, some audience shots were cool. I agree.
Is the DVD available on VHS??
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:24 pm

yeah dvd players r pretty cheap i got one for around 75$ lsat yr and it works good so u could probably find one just as good for like around 50$[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:27 pm

I agree, Ram, re the concert shown in its entirety for those of us who couldn't go. Would be great! I'd pay for that because it would be at a price I could afford vs the concert.

Also, I got my dvd player for under $65 and that's including CA tax of 8.25%. So it's doable. Hey, man, you could afford to go to the concert! :))))
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby maccastheman » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:30 pm

quote:Originally posted by shinestar
Hey, man, you could afford to go to the concert! :))))

LOL! [:D]
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:03 pm

Thanks for the tips, guys. That's awesome. If they're that cheap, I just may ask for one for Christmas. Thanks.
Ram1

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:17 pm

My favorite part of the film "back in the US" is the two girls in the Sgt. Pepper jackets - they reinforce the fact that there is 3rd and 4th generational fans who dig the music. They looked like they were having a blast. Any shots of kids (wide-eyed and glowing) - i really liked - although i wasn't thrilled about the rest of the shots except for the shot of the old silver haired guy who cried.

Yes, i too bought a DVD player on Tuesday just for the DVD and they rock and they are very inexpensive.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:56 pm

ya, girls girls in the sgt. peppers outfits were cool. It's nice to see so many young fans. I can't believe people shelled out all that money for their kids to see paul. There was a 4 year old kid in front of me and he sang every song. good stuff.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:27 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
good stuff.drugs r bad[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:41 am

bad megs, no caffeine! [;)]
scrodfish256