Brainwashed debuts at number 18 on Billboard

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:35 am

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman

Tell that to a professional musician who's tyring to put food on his table but can't sell any records.
I agree with you in theory, but music IS a business as well. If nobody buys good music, then record labels won't release good music. I know there are other outlets, but I hate to see all of the major labels giving up on promoting quality artists.

Good points.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:07 pm

No sign of it in the top 40 over here . . . shame.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:32 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:Originally posted by maccastheman

Tell that to a professional musician who's tyring to put food on his table but can't sell any records.
I agree with you in theory, but music IS a business as well. If nobody buys good music, then record labels won't release good music. I know there are other outlets, but I hate to see all of the major labels giving up on promoting quality artists.

Good points.

Yeah, good points, but I don't think it applies to George. He would have made BW no matter what.

That's the problem with the mp3 downloading thing... If record labels don't have enough money they can't promote any quality artists, and you get stuck with only Britneys and NSyncs. There wouldn't be new Georges
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to GEORGE