Watch that money

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Watch that money

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:19 pm

Heather Mills seems ok. But, you know Paulie is easily led sometimes. I hope he signs a pre-nup and i hope he keeps focused that this girl is not exactly sweet and innocent. Paul should kept it real with Jane Asher or maybe somebody his own age - i wish the guy mega happiness but i hope he doesn't go through the ringer -

I was watchin' his appearance on SNL in 1993 and it's amazing how much he's aged in past ten years. The guy has been through a ton of stuff.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Kary » Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:58 pm

I totally agree about Heather Mills. Paul's children really don't like her much. He is such a romantic and hope he doesn't get hurt by her. Do you all believe that she doesn't even know a lot of the Beatles songs!
Kary
Kary

Postby olive » Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:04 pm

ditto chris, why the man would want to get married again after linda?
i would be just having fun with beautiful woman after beautiful woman
i know paul's kids are not happy about it. there is something about heather that i don't trust something in her eyes. i wish him the best though, like you mentioned he has been through a lot the last years and he should be happy
olive

Postby pc31 » Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:11 pm

really they have to watch the old man huh?come on he is a big boy isn't he?he knows what he is doing.

all we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
pc31

Postby constv » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:55 pm

Ditto, pc31! Worry about your own business, people! I know everyone here has the best intentions, but come on! Also, who told you that he's "easily led sometimes"??? Macca is known to be one of the shrewdest people in showbiz! I'm sure he knows what he's doing. That said, I do see something bitchy in the way Heather looks though... :)
constv

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:10 pm

I agree his personal life is what it is. Valid point. I just hope the man isn't hurt anymore cause losing your best friend, your wife, and your mom to tragic deaths is enough to destroy someone.

The "easily led" comment applies not only to Miss HEather Mills but also Mr. McCartney not following his gut and trusting Yoko's business instincts in not buying up the Beatle catalgoue. In the articles, he says Yoko convinced him. In addition, i would say Paul was easily led in some aspects to John Lennon in the early Beatles years. Also, i think he is a bit easily lead by Linda as well. But, aw well, his life is what it is.

Regarding Yoko and Northhern songs, THAT TO ME IS AN OUTRAGE BECAUSE IT ALLOWED THE USURPER NAMED JACKSON TO OWN THE SONGS!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:16 pm

re MJ buying Beatles catalog. What I've read is that Paul just couldn't to liquify his assets quickly enough to satisfy the sellers who were out to make a quick buck and sold it to Jackson who had the money ready. I always thought that stunk. The Beatles should have been given first refusal to buy and the sellers should have waited. I mean, how long would it have taken for him to get the money? Come on, they got ripped off yet again! And as for Michael, what sort of friend is that? I just don't buy his attitude of "It's just business" - that's crap. It was biting the hand that taught him, plain and simple. I lost all respect for MJ after that one! As for Heather, I find it interesting how the responses have been one extreme or the other. I trust her feelings more than his. And don't start screaming I don't know what I'm talking about. As I've said, this is rebound on his part and he hasn't stopped to think clearly. He just doesn't want to be alone anymore. I agree with him that she's a great woman. But I would find it boring and eventually annoying to be with someone who doesn't share my life's memories. As someone said, she doesn't even know what he's written!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:45 pm

truly it's his private life, and we should bud out.
However she can't live up to Linda, Linda rocked

so long see ya never
shorty

Postby shinestar » Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:48 pm

It may be Paul's private life, but he is a public person and as his fans, we have a right to be concerned with his well-being. Oh, so now Linda rocks? Yeah, now that she's gone! I remember having to constantly justify my admiration of her for decades. I worry about Paul AND Heather being hurt as I really feel this is a case of flattered infatuation on both their parts. She has her own money as do his kids. They're all, with the possible exception of James, self supporting and doing very well, thank you very much.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shorty » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:30 pm

well yes Linda was greatly hated, but fortunatley from a young age I thought she rocked, not just after she was gone. I remember listening to "cook of the house" when I was five.

And no matter how much someone is in the public eye, It doesn't give everyone a free for all to go to extremes and rag on about a person. Gossip is just that, Gossip.

so long see ya never
shorty

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions