Macca interview with Charley Gibson

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:32 am

Did anybody see the Macca interview with Charley Gibson on ABC this morning? It was kind of short, but a good interview. Paul talked about how much he loved this tour. (Comparing it to the Beatles first tour of America, etc.)
Charley thought Paul recently said something like, "I need reaffirmation that people like my songs."

Paul quickly denied that, saying it's nice to have the audience respond in a positive way, but it's not essential for him to hear it day in and day out.

I think Charley was hinting at the changing of song credits and other stuff. I think Paul answered him very well, however.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:32 am

Did anybody see the Macca interview with Charley Gibson on ABC this morning? It was kind of short, but a good interview. Paul talked about how much he loved this tour. (Comparing it to the Beatles first tour of America, etc.)
Charley thought Paul recently said something like, "I need reaffirmation that people like my songs."

Paul quickly denied that, saying it's nice to have the audience respond in a positive way, but it's not essential for him to hear it day in and day out.

I think Charley was hinting at the changing of song credits and other stuff. I think Paul answered him very well, however.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by RainDriver2002
Did not see that. I'm glad he sidestepped that one. Much hubub over nothing.

I agree. GMA is sort of a "news" show, so I guess Charely felt it was neccessary to bring the topic up. Paul handled it very well, however. I think it has been blown WAY out of proportion.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby cbaer » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:46 pm

C. Gibson acted like a boob, those questions were ridiculous. It was incredulous that Paul had to even acknowledge the dumb comments. i.e., is the 2nd verse much like the first (referring to his 2nd marriage). and of course our gentleman says "I don't think you can go comparing things like that" doh! and the "do you still need the crowd to tell you how much they like the Beatle songs." and he says "I don't really NEED it, it's nice, but how do you feel when someone says 'that was a great broadcast Charlie'.

Well you get the picture, a 3rd grader could have asked those ques.
yeah, I know, that's what I really think. And I will be curled up with no interruptions at 8pm CST on the couch, w/my tator chips and refreshment of choice
cbaer

Postby maccastheman » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:58 pm

That's right - I thought Charlie's wedding question was pretty stupid. I just like watching Paul answer questions. He does it so well. He's always a bit subtle about letting the audience know how stupid some of the questions are.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby RedRoseSpeedway » Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman
That's right - I thought Charlie's wedding question was pretty stupid. I just like watching Paul answer questions. He does it so well. He's always a bit subtle about letting the audience know how stupid some of the questions are.

Yes, exactly. I love that!!
RedRoseSpeedway

Return to MACCA In-The-Media