George Harrison tribute concert

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

George Harrison tribute concert

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:39 am

Some artists and presenter's scheduled to perform at George Harrison tribute concert.

Colon Powell is scheduled to make a speech regarding Unicef efforts and humanitarian relief for third world nations. Ravi Shankar is scheduled to perform a sitar medley of George's favorite tunes.

Alec Baldwin is supposed to appear to read a tribute of George's career.

Various Monty Python members are scheduled to do comedy bits.

Dhani Harrison and Jeff Lynne are scheduled to narrate a memorial of George's songs.

Paul McCartney will sing "While my guitar gently weeps" and Ringo will perform "It don't come easy".

Eric Clapton will do a version of "Here comes the sun".

Bob Dylan is supposed to do an acoustic version of "All Those years ago".

Yoko Ono is scheduled to do an avant garde version of "I me Mine"

Michael Jackson will do a version of "Bangladesh" with the children of Bangladesh and India as back-up singers.

Sheryl Crow will do a version of "Give Me Love" (Gimme peace on earth)

DMX and Ja-Rule doing some hard-core rapping over the track "The Art of Dying".

Willie nelson and Sheryl Crowe are scheduled to do "Tax-Man".

Mary J Blige and J-LO are scheduled to do a re-make of "Dark Horse" making it into a bit deeper song about race-relations.

Backstreet boys are scheduled to do "When we was Fab" followed by Don't bother me.

Britney Spears is scheduled to perform wearing a sexy Nehru Indian jacket and little else ....the Harrison classic "I got my mind set on you"

Justin Timberlake is scheduled to appear to perform the George Song "All Things Must Pass"
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:43 am

Also, Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch are supposed to do a duet of "MY sweet lord" and "What is life".

Jennifer Love Hewitt is supposed to do a sort of sexed up version of "If I Needed someone" with dance moves, synthesizers, and teenage heart-throb Lance Bass as special guest.

Kathie Lee Gifford promises to do a re-make of "Long, Long, Long" as a caberet torch song with special help from Michael Feinstein and Marvin Hamlish as her very special tribute to quiet George
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:37 am

Is this going to be televised over here?
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:58 am

I don't think it will be televised live. Perhaps on delayed tape later. Of course, it may not have all those artists. But, you know Eric Clapton, Paul, Ringo, and Elton John will put on a very decent show and an adequate tribute - i do think sometimes TV adds younger artists for ratings and you wonder why they do that since most of the artists have little to do with what goes on.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:57 pm

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
Also, Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch are supposed to do a duet of "MY sweet lord" and "What is life".

Sleepy would have LOVED that scotch induced comment.[:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA In-The-Media