ONE YEAR AGO.....

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Ram1 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:50 am

quote:Originally posted by Chris Speers
I don't think George would have wanted us to mourn. Just listen to some good tunes and leave it at that. He wasn't one for tributes and dressing in black


Right.
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby music peace » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:12 pm

*shrugs* I dont know. It's hard. It felt like I had lost a family member. It's just really hard for me not to be sad.[V]
music peace
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:23 pm

Postby Ram1 » Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:30 am

quote:Originally posted by music peace
*shrugs* I dont know. It's hard. It felt like I had lost a family member. It's just really hard for me not to be sad.[V]


It's ok, MP. It's ok to feel sad. I felt the exact same way when George died. It may sound silly, or even sick to some people, but any hard-core Beatles fan knows that each of The Beatles really DO seem like "family members." It really did feel like a very close person to me died last Nov. 29th. Well, it didn't just *feel* like it. A close person to my heart *did* die last Nov. 29th. A person who's music was a driving force in my life. So yeah, it's perfectly normal to feel sad, MP. All we're saying is, just remember that George, while looking forever sullen (lol), was a very happy person, extremely at peace. The LAST thing he wanted was people making a big fuss over him. Save the black for another day, raise your blinds and let the sun in, blast that Hari music until the neighbors complain, lol. Rejoice in the man and his music! Be happy that God gave him to us!!
User avatar
Ram1
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:58 pm
Location: The United States of America

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:43 am

Well, I ended up learning "Something" yesterday - meaning I'm probably going to learn something of Freddie's on friday!

I tried learning "It's A Hard Life", and was making a bit of progress, but I ended up getting my Blue Album songbook out and having another bash at "Something". Nailed it.

Making now seven Beatles songs I can play:

Let It Be
Hey Jude
Things We Said Today
Help
Come Together
I've Just Seen A Face
Something

Soon I'll be able to do a show full of just Beatles stuff!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Aujouret » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:47 am

Very good, Liam. Must be nice to be able to play.
And excellent post there, Ram.
Very nicely put.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:09 am
Location: USA

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:50 am

Cheers, Auj. I can also do five of the solo songs:

Maybe I'm Amazed
Mind Games
Mull Of Kintyre
No More Lonely Nights
Freedom - which I learned by EAR!!!! [8D]

Of course, my show next month is going to be a bit more varied, as I've detailed in NPC.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Aujouret » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:01 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Cheers, Auj. I can also do five of the solo songs:

Maybe I'm Amazed
Mind Games
Mull Of Kintyre
No More Lonely Nights
Freedom - which I learned by EAR!!!! [8D]

Of course, my show next month is going to be a bit more varied, as I've detailed in NPC.

Learning by ear was The Beatles way. Isn't it amazing to do the same?
How talented they were. I love Mull of Kintyre.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member
 
Posts: 1791
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:09 am
Location: USA

Postby nicholeantoinette » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by music peace
Hey all....I just wanted to know if anyone was doing anything for the one-year anniversary of George's death. Im staying home, dressing in black, listening to his music and lighting a candle. [:(] I still remember last year when I found out.... Any thoughts? Any plans? share if you want...I miss George!



1. I will gather w/ many Beatlefreaks at the Hollywood Blvd. Walk Of Fame during the day

2. I have been learning to play Cosmic Guitar (my first riff!).

3. Last but not least, as he wrote, "I'll send out a prayer to you. Now in the world of Light..."
nicholeantoinette
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 2:11 pm
Location: there's a fog upon L.A....

Postby music peace » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:Originally posted by music peace
*shrugs* I dont know. It's hard. It felt like I had lost a family member. It's just really hard for me not to be sad.[V]


It's ok, MP. It's ok to feel sad. I felt the exact same way when George died. It may sound silly, or even sick to some people, but any hard-core Beatles fan knows that each of The Beatles really DO seem like "family members." It really did feel like a very close person to me died last Nov. 29th. Well, it didn't just *feel* like it. A close person to my heart *did* die last Nov. 29th. A person who's music was a driving force in my life. So yeah, it's perfectly normal to feel sad, MP. All we're saying is, just remember that George, while looking forever sullen (lol), was a very happy person, extremely at peace. The LAST thing he wanted was people making a big fuss over him. Save the black for another day, raise your blinds and let the sun in, blast that Hari music until the neighbors complain, lol. Rejoice in the man and his music! Be happy that God gave him to us!!


Thanks Ram. That's really good advice. [:)] I guess when I get sad, I get absorbed in it. But I reallly appreciate you shining that light on it for me.
MP
music peace
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:23 pm

Postby maccastheman » Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:09 pm

I agree it can be a sad occasion, but I think we should celebrate what George left us. Dhani said he didn't want to make "Brainwashed" a sad album, because George wasn't sad about his life. That's the attitude we should have I suppose.
Granted, we need to be tasteful about it.
I was at Graceland on the 25th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. I went to meet Peter Guralnick, my favorite music writer. Seeing thousands of people from all over the world basically kneeling at the altar of Elvis was pretty disturbing. Just enjoy George's music, thank God for George's gift, and focus on your life and your place in the world. I think that's what George would want.
User avatar
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:38 pm
Location: Fayetteville, AR

PreviousNext

Return to GEORGE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron