ONE YEAR AGO.....

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

ONE YEAR AGO.....

Postby music peace » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:54 pm

Hey all....I just wanted to know if anyone was doing anything for the one-year anniversary of George's death. Im staying home, dressing in black, listening to his music and lighting a candle. [:(] I still remember last year when I found out.... Any thoughts? Any plans? share if you want...I miss George!
music peace

ONE YEAR AGO.....

Postby music peace » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:54 pm

Hey all....I just wanted to know if anyone was doing anything for the one-year anniversary of George's death. Im staying home, dressing in black, listening to his music and lighting a candle. [:(] I still remember last year when I found out.... Any thoughts? Any plans? share if you want...I miss George!
music peace

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:17 pm

quote:Originally posted by music peace

I'll probably listen to some George tunes. Haven't even thought about it. I think I'll skip the dressing in black and staying at home. George wouldn't have wanted you to do that for him.
Ram1

Postby Aujouret » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:56 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
quote:Originally posted by music peace

I'll probably listen to some George tunes. Haven't even thought about it. I think I'll skip the dressing in black and staying at home. George wouldn't have wanted you to do that for him.

I agree, Ram. I'll be working and celebrating George's life by listening to his music. I'll be sending lots of prayers to George's family. George doesn't need them. I'm sure George is happy where he is.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:27 am

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
I'll probably listen to some George tunes. Haven't even thought about it.

Same here - we'll just see what happens.

quote:
I think I'll skip the dressing in black and staying at home. George wouldn't have wanted you to do that for him.

I may try learning a George song for the occasion. I've given Something, HCTS and WMGGW all a go at various times, but have never fully learned them. Maybe now's the time.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:56 pm

That's a good idea, Liam. A nice way to celebrate George's music.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:06 am

We'll see. What I really must do today is something to honour Freddie Mercury in a similar manner. Perhaps I'll try learning "It's A Hard Life".
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:04 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
We'll see. What I really must do today is something to honour Freddie Mercury in a similar manner. Perhaps I'll try learning "It's A Hard Life".

Is today the anniversary of his death, Liam? I remember it was back in '91.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:06 am

Yeah, 24/11/1991, Freddie left us. Within a month, the double-A-sided single of Bohemian Rhapsody (re-issue)/These Are The Days Of Our Lives had entered the charts at no1, and stayed there for five weeks.
Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:40 am

I don't think George would have wanted us to mourn. Just listen to some good tunes and leave it at that. He wasn't one for tributes and dressing in black
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to GEORGE