Paul on Rockline ! TONIGHT

This forum is to alert fans when Paul pops up on TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, websites.

Moderator: Mike

Paul on Rockline ! TONIGHT

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:58 pm

This just came in from Dave Bianchi, Associate Producer of Rockline

PAUL WILL APPREAR ON THE NATIONALLY SYNDICATED RADIO SHOW ROCKLINE, THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25th AT 3:30 PM/PST:

ROCKLINE goes live at 8:30 PM PST/11:30 PM ET every Monday and Wednesday. The Paul McCartney ROCKLINE will be taped on Friday, October 25th, and the phone lines will be open for anyone to call and talk to Paul starting at 3:30PM PST/6:30PM ET! The toll free number for people to call in and talk to Paul McCartney is 1 800 344 ROCK (7625), and we will only be taking calls for 2 hours! The show will air on November 20th, 2002 at 8:30 PM PST/11:30 PM ET!

ROCKLINE can be heard on over 140 stations across the country. For a list of those stations and more information please check ROCKLINE'S Official website at http://www.rocklineradio.com or the unofficial site http://www.drchuck.net/rockline. The following station also streams Rockline on Wednesdays:

http://www.ksan.com (San Francisco affiliate)

Thanks for your help promoting Paul McCartney!

Dave Bianchi
Associate Producer, Rockline
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby megs » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:01 pm

i'm so excited macca is gunna be on rockline this wednesday(well on my radio station atleast)...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i'm definetly gunna record this one[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:53 pm

Refering to an earlier report here on MACCA-Central ([url]morenews.cfm?ID=857[/url])the ROCKLINE interview will be aired tonight on many radio stations across the US.

Here is a link to one radio station that should be carrying it at 11:30pm EST. http://www.1077thebone.com/home.asp
Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:35 am

What a great 90 minutes Paul McCartney with good questions from the interviewer Bob Coburn and callers. They played tracks from the CD and also had bumper songs, songs played to lead in to and from commercial breaks. They included Coming Up, Hi Hi Hi, Goodnight Tonight, Junior's Farm and Helen Wheels.

Paul confirmed he will be doing something with Ringo at the upcoming George Tribute concert. Paul did not know if the concert will be broadcast live as he is not organizing it.

Paul has such a good memory and did remember a caller who had a sign in Boston "We really rocking in Boston" and Paul said there was another sign beside him "Sweet Little Sixteen".

One question Mike from Fort Lauderdale asked was how he keeps his voice in such good form. Paul answered that he doesn't smoke and that he gargles with salt water often. An old home remedy we used to do when we were kids. I'm gonna have to start doing that again :)

An email question asked if there will be any official release individual concerts on CD or DVD, Paul said definately no but he does know and realize bootlegs are for sale.
Mike

Postby megs » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:48 pm

yeah that was good but i missed the 1st half hour cus i fell asleep[V], i liked the part where the girl called in who was also named meghan and paul said he liked the name meghan to her[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:24 pm

I didn't get to hear Rockline but I thank you so much, Mike, for putting those 2 clips online.

I have to say, though, that after all these nearly 40 years - and please don't think I'm being negative or conceited here - but speaking as a writer - it's like breathing! You don't have a choice; it just happens. No big deal. Sometimes it's good and sometime not and sometimes it's freaking brilliant which isn't known for awhile. But I can't get over people STILL asking him how he writes! Come on, people. I, for one, and I'm sure most of us, can answer for him and probably pretty much verbatim. Let's ask him something new, please! Yes, he's lucky to be so prolific but he's also a writer and writers write - as I said, like breathing. No big deal. Some are better than others, sure - e.g. Sir Paul but the bottom line is that writers write - period.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:11 am

I did tape it and plan to do a MACCA-Radio show soon to replay it without commercials. Is anyone here interested in listening to it ?
Mike

Postby Ram1 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:15 am

Yes, I am, Mike.
Ram1

Postby megs » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:29 pm

yeah[:)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby shinestar » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:28 am

I'd love to listen to it if I can get it here and it's at a time when I'm home and awake. Thanks, Mike!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Return to MACCA In-The-Media