Woman is the ....

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:49 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
I don't disagree with what the song is trying to say - gender should not be an issue. I have never disagreed on this principle. All I feel is that it's a crap song.

I have to agree with you, Liam, that the song itself is not great or even that good, but I appreciate the sentiment behind it. At least John was trying to make a positive statement for women's rights back in those days.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:20 am

Exactly - my point is, if you're going to say something, do it with tact. I like to think I've achieved that with my song "Throwaway World", about how disposable standards and tastes have become nowadays. Tongue-in-cheek, the song is, but it has a point to make, and does it pretty well, I reckon. My coursemates think it's one of the best things I've written. [8D]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Brains » Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:19 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Exactly - my point is, if you're going to say something, do it with tact. I like to think I've achieved that with my song "Throwaway World", about how disposable standards and tastes have become nowadays. Tongue-in-cheek, the song is, but it has a point to make, and does it pretty well, I reckon. My coursemates think it's one of the best things I've written. [8D]

'Tact' isn't something John used a lot [8D]
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 13, 2002 7:25 am

Agreed on that one! [8D]
Liam OSM

Previous

Return to JOHN