Another Remixed album- Mind Games?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:32 am

What is the point to this?
Does anyone know?
What the *blank* is Yoko doing this for?
I heard this AM that Mind Games has been rereleased in a "new" remixed form.
I just don't get it. I love John very much, but most of Mind Games is not good. In Fact some it is poor.
Are these endless remixed albums of John's selling at all?
I ain't buying them. I have a Lennon box set that came out years ago.
Not the lame named Anthology- before that. I've got everything already and I am not interested in Yoko's feeble attempts to make more money in this pointless undertaking.
She should release John's unreleased work. The Lost Lennon Tapes still haven't been released and it's been years. I've got lots of old cassette tapes from the radio shows. I wish she'd stop this garbage.
She just invites negative comment.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:32 am

What is the point to this?
Does anyone know?
What the *blank* is Yoko doing this for?
I heard this AM that Mind Games has been rereleased in a "new" remixed form.
I just don't get it. I love John very much, but most of Mind Games is not good. In Fact some it is poor.
Are these endless remixed albums of John's selling at all?
I ain't buying them. I have a Lennon box set that came out years ago.
Not the lame named Anthology- before that. I've got everything already and I am not interested in Yoko's feeble attempts to make more money in this pointless undertaking.
She should release John's unreleased work. The Lost Lennon Tapes still haven't been released and it's been years. I've got lots of old cassette tapes from the radio shows. I wish she'd stop this garbage.
She just invites negative comment.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:02 am

Well, they've been doing *remasters* (not remixes in the true sense of the word, as the mixes are the same), of all the albums - there's already been POB, Imagine, DF and M&H. MG is obviously next on the list, and we can probably expect to see WAB, RAR and maybe even STINYC by 2005.

I'll admit, MG isn't John's best, but it's kinda grown on me, some of it.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:04 pm

Auj. I'm all for better sounding stuff from original masters for great albums, but i'm with you on this one. What's the point. That's not what I would call a "classic" album.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby The Man » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:05 am

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Auj. I'm all for better sounding stuff from original masters for great albums, but i'm with you on this one. What's the point. That's not what I would call a "classic" album.

It takes a very loyal John fan to listen to it.
The Man

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:21 am

I'll have to give it another listen, because I hated it for a long time, but last time I listened (about five months ago), I loved it. Guess it depends on what mood you're in . . . [?]
Liam OSM

Postby The Man » Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:59 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
I'll have to give it another listen, because I hated it for a long time, but last time I listened (about five months ago), I loved it. Guess it depends on what mood you're in . . . [?]

Good luck.... I tried for a long time to appreciate this album but I came to the conclusion that it's just not that good... JL was very uninspired during this time and it showed in his music....
The Man

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:59 am

The remastered "Mind Games" has a much improved sound quality and definition. The bonus tracks are OK, despite not adding much to it.
Sure it´s not a great album but contains several very good tracks and two standouts IMHO: the title track and the aggressive-sounding rocker "Meat City".
Berkeleyan

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:03 pm

Remastered or not, I'll pass. It's like putting ear-rings on a hog. They still smell and act like pigs.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:48 pm

I used to have it on vinyl. I wouldn't mind having it on CD. I really liked One Day At A Time & Intuition. Tight A$ had a good lyric. If I remember correctly, Aisumasen (I'm Sorry) had some pretty good blues guitar.

I would agree that it does rank low among his releases, though.
theDingle

Next

Return to JOHN