Beatle Paul's voice improvement

Discussions related to Paul as a Beatle.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:42 am

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
That's what we've been missing here... an Ayatollah!!! In a few days we'll have a Saddam Hussein or Bin Laden here!![xx(] Help us, Lord!!!

Peace.

Hardly in the best of taste . . . [:0]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby wesbeat » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:28 am

i've said it before and i'll say it again. i like the king !
wesbeat

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:48 am

If you go over to the paulmccartney.com forum, you can have all the king you want.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:58 am

quote:Originally posted by wesbeat
i've said it before and i'll say it again. i like the king !

That makes you one of a kind. Arrogance like his is just . . . well, there isn't a word that can accurately do it justice.
Liam OSM

Postby MIGUEL » Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:31 pm

Hi, yes, I think Pauls voice has done some remarkable improvements and changes. Lotsa work. It's important to change things and grow and I think this is what Paul is good at. Some people I spoke to regarding this never seem to notice this about Paul and say it just sounds like Paul but the best of his fans notice this feature.
Catch "We can work it out" to "The fool on the hill" and the transitions are there. Pauls voice has matured and has become richer with time and experience. Anyway, I gotta go. This was a really interesting subject.-MIGUEL
MIGUEL

Postby magill » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:12 pm

I wasn't aware that Paul's voice needed any improving. It has always sounded good to me, still does, probably always will. Thank you bye-bye.[:(!]
magill

Postby Steve-o » Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:15 am

I think what needed improving was how well he treated his vocal chords while on tour. And he clearly has done that. In the studio, he always has and always will sound great.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:54 pm

on rockline he said he gargled w/ salt water to help with his voice before going on stage[8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chris Speers » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:58 pm

I think his voice has improved and for a sixty year old - he has amazing pipes. But, we did miss an opportunity to hear the great instrument of his voice when he was in his prime.

His voice around 69, 70, and 1971 was amazing and i feel cheated that we never got to hear Paul in the prime of his vocal range do some of the great Beatle and Wings songs.

I watched an Elvis Presley special from 1970 and his voice was phenomenal (probably because E never smoked) - Elvis at 35 had a voice that was quite simply - awe-inspiring. One thing Elvis never lost even during the drug and obesity was his incredible voice!! The myth of Elvis would leave us to believe he never recorded another good song after he joined the army per Lennon/Paul. That is simply not true. Elvis released some decent material in the 70's but he did release some real crap too

How cool would it have been to have Paul M in 1975 produced an Elvis album??? Elvis singing "That would be something", "Dear Friend" "Band on the Run" or "Maybe I'm Amazed" or even something as fruity and light-weight as "Love in Song" ...Now, that would have been call.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:12 am

TWBS . . . maybe. But not the others. No way. Nah, it's a pity that Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" wasn't written until 1979. That's an Elvis song if ever I heard one! An Elvis song not written until after his death, but, still . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to Paul as a Beatle