Joe English

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Joe English

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:51 pm

I loved this drummer. He was a hippy and an American but he killed on drums. I dug his whole feel and seeing him beat them drums during "jet" was intense.

Where is he? What is he doing?? And was Paul paying tribute to him in the Coming up video when he played the hippy???
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Joe English

Postby Chris Speers » Fri Apr 05, 2002 10:51 pm

I loved this drummer. He was a hippy and an American but he killed on drums. I dug his whole feel and seeing him beat them drums during "jet" was intense.

Where is he? What is he doing?? And was Paul paying tribute to him in the Coming up video when he played the hippy???
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:06 am

From what I know, Joe did something in religion.. became a preist.. he did a solo album in 1983 called Press on.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby constv » Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:12 am

He did a great job on the drums, indeed. I really think it would have been better if Paul had done the lead vocal on "Something About It" instead of Joe however. Joe has a Harry Nielsen kind of voice, and it just didn't sound right to me - on a McCartney record...
constv

Postby maccafan » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:52 pm

Joe English is the best drummer Paul has had, I'll let you know what I think of the current one after I see them on the 13th of May in Atlanta!!
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:32 pm

The current drummer, Abe Laboriel, Jnr. is awesome! And I don't even have to wait until my show on the 24th to tell you that. Just listen to Driving Rain. Plus, if you saw Macca headline the Concert for NYC back in October, you saw the debut of the band then. And let me tell ya, Abe rocks! He beats the crap outta the drumset.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
The current drummer, Abe Laboriel, Jnr. is awesome! And I don't even have to wait until my show on the 24th to tell you that. Just listen to Driving Rain. Plus, if you saw Macca headline the Concert for NYC back in October, you saw the debut of the band then. And let me tell ya, Abe rocks! He beats the crap outta the drumset.

Abe is a beast on the drums. Such energy--and yes, he was awesome live. Great pickup by Macca.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Return to MACCA - all discussions