how to meet the Beatles - 1965

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby shinestar » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:06 pm

When the Beatles returned to the States, I was friends with a local dj. One of his co-workers was assigned to travel with the Beatles (the lucky dog) and tape conversations with them which were than played on that radio station, WDRC in Hartford, CT, which is still around, btw. My friend, knowing how much I liked the group, let me talk to his friend about how to meet them. This is what he told me:

"You're over 21, right?"
"Yes."
"Ok. So to NYC, check into the hotel. I'll tell you what floor they're on so you'll know which floor to ask for a room on. You go to your room, take off all your clothes and wrap yourself in a hotel towel. Then you either go up the stairs or down to get to their floor. You may have to "go through" a few of the roadies before you get to them. But Dick says you're pretty so you shouldn't have a problem."
I was horrified. "I don't want to have sex with anyone! I just want to TALK to them!"
He laughed. "Oh, they're not into talking these days, sweetheart. They've got young chicks lined up and down the hall with their legs spread, just waiting for them."

I put quotes around this conversation because I'll never forget it. I may have been over 21 but I was still a very naive, innocent young woman. So I quoted this verbatim. [:I]
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:06 pm

When the Beatles returned to the States, I was friends with a local dj. One of his co-workers was assigned to travel with the Beatles (the lucky dog) and tape conversations with them which were than played on that radio station, WDRC in Hartford, CT, which is still around, btw. My friend, knowing how much I liked the group, let me talk to his friend about how to meet them. This is what he told me:

"You're over 21, right?"
"Yes."
"Ok. So to NYC, check into the hotel. I'll tell you what floor they're on so you'll know which floor to ask for a room on. You go to your room, take off all your clothes and wrap yourself in a hotel towel. Then you either go up the stairs or down to get to their floor. You may have to "go through" a few of the roadies before you get to them. But Dick says you're pretty so you shouldn't have a problem."
I was horrified. "I don't want to have sex with anyone! I just want to TALK to them!"
He laughed. "Oh, they're not into talking these days, sweetheart. They've got young chicks lined up and down the hall with their legs spread, just waiting for them."

I put quotes around this conversation because I'll never forget it. I may have been over 21 but I was still a very naive, innocent young woman. So I quoted this verbatim. [:I]
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:41 pm

Shinestar wrote..

For your information, I was never interested in dating any of the Beatles even if I'd had the opportunity which I nearly did once, come to think of it. But I didn't care for the strings attached, so I passed and have never been sorry.

So this wasn't so much a "date" as it was a groupie boinking opportunity? Thanks for sharing.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Shinestar wrote..

For your information, I was never interested in dating any of the Beatles even if I'd had the opportunity which I nearly did once, come to think of it. But I didn't care for the strings attached, so I passed and have never been sorry.

So this wasn't so much a "date" as it was a groupie boinking opportunity? Thanks for sharing.

"Groupie boinking opportunity." DOUBLE CHOKE!!!!
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:49 pm

Seriously, Shinestar, the way you explained it before, you were basically saying that you had the opportunity to DATE a PARTICULAR Beatle. This groupie story sounds like something totally different. Which is it?
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:17 pm

come on ride the train...chooo chooo!!!
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
come on ride the train...chooo chooo!!!

CHOKE!
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:26 am

Aw come on shiney. You wanted a little peice of that english sausage pie didn't ya. [8)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:51 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
Aw come on shiney. You wanted a little peice of that english sausage pie didn't ya. [8)]

[:0][:0][:0]
[:D]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby shinestar » Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:33 am

[/quote]

Great line, Steve!! Also this was the start of "groupies". They didn't have a name before the Beatles. [:)]
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions