Heathers Book

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:07 pm

I was at a bookstore this am and I got a chance to browse through Heather's book, A Single Step. No, I didn't buy it because I am saving up to get a DVD player, Paul's new Cds and DVD and George's Special Edition with DVD of Brainwashed. So I have to wait till next month to get Heather's book. funs are low, as John said.
Anyroad, I have Out On A Limb, so I am very familiar with the older chapters in the book. So I was naturally checking out the newer ones with Paul. For those of you who got that issue of Vanity Fair with the interview with her, there was also an excerpt from this new book.
Meeting Paul, dating, etc..
What intrigued me were the pages in this book about George Harrison.
She discribed meeting him and Olivia after the attack on his life. He and Paul playing the ukelele together. She told how beautiful Olivia is and how they bonded over a skirt stuck in a zipper. She talks about Paul worrying over George's health. How George called Paul after meeting Heather for the first time and telling Paul what a lucky bastard he is. She also described the last meeting that she and Paul had with George and the two of them holding hands. I had to put the book down there as I was getting too sad. Very lovely portrait of George in that book, I must say. Indeed, very touching.
I found the book at the very bottom of a display in the bookstore. I thought, no one's gonna see it down there, so I switched shelves with some other books and brought Heather's books on top.[:)]
As Paul/Beatles fans we do get insider's views of Paul and the others, but not as often as we'd like probably. Just on that merit alone, this is an interesting read. Of course, all of you know that all of the proceeds from the sale of Heather's book is going to Adopt-A-Minefield.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:20 pm

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret
I was at a bookstore this am and I got a chance to browse through Heather's bookGeez..looks like you did more than "browse" Auj, LOL. That was a full length review. I might just get it now...Thanks
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:32 pm

Well, Steve, you know how I am about MY Heather.[:)]
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby shinestar » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:55 pm

Auj, you got a thank you from the Adopt a minefield folks? I didn't but I only sent them $10 - all I could afford, which is one of the reasons I want to buy the book. But I'm on the list for the 1000 dinners thing.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby megs » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:27 pm

quote:Originally posted by Aujouret
I was at a bookstore this am and I got a chance to browse through Heather's book, A Single Step. No, I didn't buy it because I am saving up to get a DVD player, Paul's new Cds and DVD and George's Special Edition with DVD of Brainwashed. So I have to wait till next month to get Heather's book. funs are low, as John said.
Anyroad, I have Out On A Limb, so I am very familiar with the older chapters in the book. So I was naturally checking out the newer ones with Paul. For those of you who got that issue of Vanity Fair with the interview with her, there was also an excerpt from this new book.
Meeting Paul, dating, etc..
What intrigued me were the pages in this book about George Harrison.
She discribed meeting him and Olivia after the attack on his life. He and Paul playing the ukelele together. She told how beautiful Olivia is and how they bonded over a skirt stuck in a zipper. She talks about Paul worrying over George's health. How George called Paul after meeting Heather for the first time and telling Paul what a lucky bastard he is. She also described the last meeting that she and Paul had with George and the two of them holding hands. I had to put the book down there as I was getting too sad. Very lovely portrait of George in that book, I must say. Indeed, very touching.
I found the book at the very bottom of a display in the bookstore. I thought, no one's gonna see it down there, so I switched shelves with some other books and brought Heather's books on top.[:)]
As Paul/Beatles fans we do get insider's views of Paul and the others, but not as often as we'd like probably. Just on that merit alone, this is an interesting read. Of course, all of you know that all of the proceeds from the sale of Heather's book is going to Adopt-A-Minefield.

i was'nt planning on getting the book, but since u said that i think i will, it sound good, thanks Auj[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:29 pm

quote:Originally posted by shinestar
Auj, you got a thank you from the Adopt a minefield folks? I didn't but I only sent them $10 - all I could afford, which is one of the reasons I want to buy the book. But I'm on the list for the 1000 dinners thing.

You will get letters from them as they do different campaigns. I got my first letter telling me where my first contribution went a long time after I first sent it it. I have contributed several times since then, only small ones like yours, Starshine. I like to get the pencils and little stuff from the website. I also got Paul's poster like the one they sell at the concerts.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Aujouret » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:32 pm

Yeah, megs, check it out in the store and see if you'll like it.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby constv » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:01 am

Why do people bother to write nasty, stupid reviews? I'll probably buy it, especially since it helps contribute to the landmines. I already contributed a little bit and would like to give more.

I'll tell you why, shinestar... For the same reason you felt you needed to tell Paul, and everyone who'd listen, that you didn't like Heather. Very simple. It's called being OPINIONATED! Cheers! [;)]
constv

Postby Ram1 » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:58 pm

quote:Originally posted by constv
Why do people bother to write nasty, stupid reviews? I'll probably buy it, especially since it helps contribute to the landmines. I already contributed a little bit and would like to give more.

I'll tell you why, shinestar... For the same reason you felt you needed to tell Paul, and everyone who'd listen, that you didn't like Heather. Very simple. It's called being OPINIONATED! Cheers! [;)]

LOL, Cons. I see that even though you haven't posted much in a while, you've been reading the threads!
Ram1

Postby shinestar » Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:45 pm

I did NOT say I didn't like Heather! I said - oh, beans! I'm not going to keep going through what I said or didn't say. BUT maybe you folks should remember that I Liked her BEFORE the marriage when the rest of you were trashing her. My only problems are with Paul and really have nothing personal to do with her. She's a great person and he was lucky to find her. Period! Enough!!! And if you want to know why I keep posting like this, it's because you keep bringing it up, and bringing it up and BRINGING IT UP so I feel I have to defend myself. E N O U G H!!!!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to MACCA - all discussions