Who had the best beard?

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Who had the best beard?

Postby Ram1 » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:58 am

I think it's a toss up between 1969 Abbey Road-era John Lennon. And 1971 era George Harrison. George started looking like one half of ZZ Top. (Check out Concert for Bangladesh and even George in the Imagine movie.) But best moustache definitely goes to Sgt. Pepper-era John Lennon. Check out the 'stache, how it extends past the mouth to the chin.

Ok, I think I have officially ruined this board. Sorry, I'm nuts. I'm going to bed. Night.
Ram1

Postby Len » Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:18 am

Next up on this board: who had the biggest Adam's apple? And Ringo Starr: briefs or boxers man?

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
Len

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Apr 07, 2002 11:29 am

Paul had the best beard. 1971 - he looked like the unabomber with a ukelee during the ram sessions

Ringo was and still had the best line ever. "I am the greatest rock n roll drummer of all - time".
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:01 pm

When I logged on this morning, and fully realized what I had written last night, I just had to laugh. I was half asleep and out of it. But hey, I got some responses, so I guess that's good. Yeah Chris, have to agree on the 1971 Ram-era Paul. Good thick beard going there.
Actually, the best beard ever was 1970/71 era Jim Morrison. He looked like a mountain man. But that's a different band.
Ram1

Postby Len » Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:06 pm

As long as we're on this hairy topic: what about the best sideburns?
I'd have to go with early-seventies Paul (Band On The Run recordings).

"Can you take me back where I came from?"
Len

Postby Chris Speers » Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:16 pm

Oh, of course ,half the things posted are completely tongue in cheek. So, the day we can't laugh on our own posts, right?

How about the hottie Beatle girlfriend or wife...

My choice would be that Maureen Starkey was probably the nicest and the coolest and that Olivia Arias was probably the toughest (Olivia gave a beat down to that punk who attacked George). The one girlfriend or Wife that i would have liked to be with was Astrid!!
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:33 pm

Nah, Len. The best sideburns actually have to go to '69 John. Check out the Let It Be rooftop concert. When John's hair is blowing in the wind, you get a great shot of his long hairy chops.
Chris, I agree that Olivia is probably the toughest. She stood up for her man, and yes, gave that punk the beat down. But I think if I could go back to 1964, I'd want to take Jane Asher out. However, I do agree with you about Astrid. Artsy chick, seemed to be adventerous, right up my alley.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:34 am

I thought the hottest was Pattie...

By the way, Paul looks pretty rediculous with a moustache. On Pepper it may have been a bit cool, with the suits and all, but his more recent efforts were not so great. I've seen a photo of him live in I think 1976 and one mid-eighties (on All the Best), and they were awful. The 1971 beard was cool though

Worst haircut: John 1969/1970, when he cut off everything for charity and then let it grow on too long without getting his hair cut. I have a 2002 Beatles calendar and "Miss April" is John with this haircut. Omg, 3 weeks with this terrible photo...
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Helter Skelter » Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:15 am

Ugliest haircut??? PAUL 1973-74!! This hairstyle was popular during the 80´s also.. UGH! in sweden we call then "hockey-haircuts"..
Paul had this haircut mid-early 90´s as well.
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:50 am

Ha ha. Yes, very bad haircut. It is very close to what we would call a "mullet" here in America.
Ram1

Next

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions