beatlefest '03

This blog is an open discussion of The Beatles

Moderator: Mike

Postby Brains » Mon Oct 28, 2002 5:43 am

I don't suppose we've got these kinds of things in Europe, have we? Liam, do you know anything about that?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:51 am

Sorry, I don't know [:(]

And Steve, regardless of whether or not I have any wishful inclinations in reference to your previous allusional statement, it is currently beyond the popular confines of existential possibility for Megs to be conveyed in the direction of this Beatlefest by my own self, as my own habitational situation negates completely and unequivocably the potential of my own appearance at said fest.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ayatollah (booted) » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:09 am

Don't you guys worry your pretty little heads, the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah will be in attendance! Rockin' the House!
Ayatollah (booted)

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:56 pm

quote:And Steve, regardless of whether or not I have any wishful inclinations in reference to your previous allusional statement, it is currently beyond the popular confines of existential possibility for Megs to be conveyed in the direction of this Beatlefest by my own self, as my own habitational situation negates completely and unequivocably the potential of my own appearance at said fest.

Translation: liam can't go.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby megs » Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:31 pm

...CONGRATS ON 1K SCHROD[:D]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby scrodfish256 » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:13 pm

thanx much.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:51 am

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">And Steve, regardless of whether or not I have any wishful inclinations in reference to your previous allusional statement, it is currently beyond the popular confines of existential possibility for Megs to be conveyed in the direction of this Beatlefest by my own self, as my own habitational situation negates completely and unequivocably the potential of my own appearance at said fest.

Translation: liam can't go.
[/quote]

HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE! Scrod, you're getting good at this! [8D]
Liam OSM

Postby Chris Speers » Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:55 pm

I used to be a big fan of Beatlesfest. I'm not anymore. I think i can dig a bunch of people getting together and groovin' to good music. But, a lot of the Beatlesfest are about the almighty dollar and i don't like that. Plus, no offense, but, i find a lot of the hard core Beatle fans are too narrow in their view on music. Like i saw a Beatlefest band get booed because they stopped playing Beatlesongs from 1964 and 1965, personally, i was glad because those songs are pretty simple live and if they are not embellished - who cares to hear them? This band was tight cause they ripped Strawberry Fields up with a jammin' guitar break and then they started doin' Beatle solo numbers (The LEnnon guy did Mother on piano and it blew my mind). But, the Beatle geeks weren't liking it cause they wanted them to play "A hard days' night" and "Help". There was this one Geek with A Sgt. Pepper jacket who was upset when the Paul guy did "Mrs . Vanderbilt" - I couldn't believe what a bunch of jerks they were. When i met the band after the show, i told them how much i enjoyed it and all the promoter did was yell at them for not pleasing the crowd. I couldn't believe it. IT reminded me of a bad Star Trek convention.
Chris Speers
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to The Beatles: General Discussions