Woman is the ....

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:30 am

Ram, I agree with your views - things like this should never be made an issue of. If somebody does make them an issue, then it will generally make it a problem - age, sex, race, nationality, shoud not be issues here. We are all just words on each other's screens.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:40 am

quote:Ram, I agree with your views - things like this should never be made an issue of. If somebody does make them an issue, then it will generally make it a problem - age, sex, race, nationality, shoud not be issues here.

Thank you. I agree.

quote:We are all just words on each other's screens.

I understand what you're saying. However, as corny as this may sound, I consider people here my friends. More than just words. (Reminds me of that Extreme song, 'More Than Words'. LOL)
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:45 am

Oh, I do agree - I consider some of you friends on here, too - I was simply referring to the basic principle when we don't know people on here that well personally. When you're talking to friends, it of course won't be an issue.
Liam OSM

Postby dakota » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:37 am

You're correct Ram. She was mayor in the 90's. I meant to say that.

She divorced Arrington (my 2nd uncle) in '82. There two daughters Amy and Drew have stayed and visted us out in California over the years. Amy and Drew recently sent us a video copy of a movie short they made for a film contest in Boston. They one 1st prize.

The only time I remember seeing Sharon was when my family stayed with them in DC back in the late 70's. She wasn't a very warm person. Arrington is quite the opposite, He's a great guy.

My dads side of the family is originally from the Virginia/DC area. I have relatives that live in Manasas,VA.....Radiant,VA. Some cool places.
dakota

Postby megs » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:17 pm

quote: Ram, I agree with your views - things like this should never be made an issue of. i agree, plus it does'nt matter anyways so why should it be an issue[:I]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby The Man » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:49 pm

I never liked this song.... I don't know what John liked so much about it to release it let alone make it the lead off single... very boring music and lyrics .....
The Man

Postby magill » Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:48 pm

I believe he was just trying to blow our minds a little bit, like he enjoyed doing, ex.- "I am the Walrus", "Revolution 9", "Ballad of John and Yoko", etc.! He was only trying to say he felt that women were mistreated also, but he probably thought...If I use this word or that, it will cause a stir, get people's attention. I think that's all it was.
magill

Postby Aujouret » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:31 am

Actually at the time John wrote the song and before it was released he worried about the use of that N word and talked to his friend Dick Gregory about it. He played the song for him and asked him his feeling about it and Dick said to go with it. John also ran it by his other black friends like Michael X of the Black House in London.
They understood what John meant by it. The actual title of the song is Yoko's. As a woman I know exactly what John means.
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Liam OSM » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:05 am

I don't disagree with what the song is trying to say - gender should not be an issue. I have never disagreed on this principle. All I feel is that it's a crap song.
Liam OSM

Postby The Man » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:02 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
I don't disagree with what the song is trying to say - gender should not be an issue. I have never disagreed on this principle. All I feel is that it's a crap song.

I
The Man

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN