ban guns!

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
Great point. After 9/11, everyone here was in this loving, compassionate mood towards each other. Everyone wanted to help out his/her neighbour. Then, just a few short months later, people were flicking each other off in traffic again. We definitely have a short memory span.

Well, it's the human mentality, innit. I try to be as helpful as I can to people, but I'm definitely in a minority group - the majority being people who are selfish and greedy.

PROF: I hardly think Hitler and Hirohito are typical examples of the human race!

SATAN: No?

PROF: No - most humans are fundamentally decent and moral!

SATAN: Hahahahaha . . . oh, I'm sorry - you're serious, aren't you!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby nicholeantoinette » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:04 pm

I'm w/ Mr. Kite! guns, NO; GUITARS, YES!

I know it takes great courage to be vulnerable, to put down the gun, even if your offender has not yet done so. But you must find that courage, now or later. It takes great courage to be vulnerable. But we must teach by example, I feel, & live according to our ideals. No one can truly harm you, in the grand scheme of things.

Aujouret, you have nothing to fear!
nicholeantoinette

Postby mr. kite » Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:28 am

Agreed! The peace loving people still outnumber the violent ones. Let's not make them win.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:58 am

quote:Why should anyone, even a stable person, have to own a gun? There are two main reasons to own a gun (and a sexually perverted one ): shooting at cans, target practice etc, and threatening or actually shooting people. The target practice can be done on a shooting range, were there's supervision and professionals checking everything. Outside that range, you shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun! It's very simple!

reason one, I live in a sparsly populated area, The nearest big city is over 300 miles away. 75% of the people in my area depend on hunting for their food supply. I myself am not a hunter. I do however own guns. And I do have concealed weapons permit, because I go on business trips to not so clean areas sometimes. If some guy tried to rape me, I would use my gun. Sure we can all wish that there were no guns but c'mon this is the real world. If they banned guns it wouldn't make a diffrence one bit. Drugs are illegal and they are a bigger problem over all than guns are. I'm no nra activist, but being a woman, I do have the right to protect myself from the scum of society.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 11:07 am

Here! Here!, Scrod!!

Side note: THANK GOD this sniper thing seems to be over.
Ram1

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:18 pm

most criminals are stupid so they either don't care or can't comprehend that someone behind the door "may" have a gun.

Smart criminals will always be able to get a gun, even if they are banned.

Educate, treat addicts instead of imprisonment. Cheaper to treat then to keep a person in prison.

As for the sicko's and nuts, that segment of society will always be hard to reduce.
Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:31 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ayatollah Rock and Rollah
quote:Originally posted by nicholeantoinette
...that's really all I wish to say around this time of year. [V]

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah says "good". Banning guns is not the answer. The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah says, "The more guns the better. If everyone had a gun, crime would go way down because the criminals would know what's on the other side of that door." Oh yeah!

That takes the biscuit for the stupidest thing anybody has ever said on this forum.

Why? It is quite simple. If each and every member of the human race, inhabiting our little planet, was possessed of a firearm of some sort, then this would cause an exponential increase in the quantity of belligerent activities on the part of mankind, until the world became a most sanguine field covered with both the deceased and the walking dead.
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:41 pm

quote:most criminals are stupid so they either don't care or can't comprehend that someone behind the door "may" have a gun.

Smart criminals will always be able to get a gun, even if they are banned.

Educate, treat addicts instead of imprisonment. Cheaper to treat then to keep a person in prison.

As for the sicko's and nuts, that segment of society will always be hard to reduce.

Excellent points, Mike. And as Scrod said, outlawing guns would just be like illegal drugs....people are gonna get their hands on them anyway.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:57 pm

Agreed with Ram. Ban the manufacturing of them, and destroy the ones in existence - it has to be total if it's going to work . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Brains » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:38 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256
75% of the people in my area depend on hunting for their food supply.

Are you kidding? People actually depend on hunting for their food? Doesn't even the smallest village have something that distantly resembles a supermarket?
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN