Is Paul a rocker??

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Is Paul a rocker??

Postby maccafan » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:39 pm

Is Paul McCartney a rocker?? It frustrates me when I see articles and reviews that always say John Lennon was the hard one and Paul was the soft fluffy one!! I'm asking all of you in Maccaland is this true??
Personally I say it's a load of crap, in the Beatles Paul and John rocked about the same, but since the breakup there is no comparison!! It's like John forgot how to rock except for maybe four or five songs, while Paul has never stopped rocking!! I am not putting John Lennon down, I'm just comparing who rocked the most since the Beatles and before John Passed away!!
This misconception goes much further than Lennon though, even now the popular opinion is that Paul McCartney is a ballad man, how come no one gives this man props for his rock and roll chops??
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Is Paul a rocker??

Postby maccafan » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:39 pm

Is Paul McCartney a rocker?? It frustrates me when I see articles and reviews that always say John Lennon was the hard one and Paul was the soft fluffy one!! I'm asking all of you in Maccaland is this true??
Personally I say it's a load of crap, in the Beatles Paul and John rocked about the same, but since the breakup there is no comparison!! It's like John forgot how to rock except for maybe four or five songs, while Paul has never stopped rocking!! I am not putting John Lennon down, I'm just comparing who rocked the most since the Beatles and before John Passed away!!
This misconception goes much further than Lennon though, even now the popular opinion is that Paul McCartney is a ballad man, how come no one gives this man props for his rock and roll chops??
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:51 pm

I feel the same MF. No doubt. I hate when they say that about BOTH of them. JL had his share of love songs, and PM had his share of Rockers. And PM is STILL rockin' today. I'll probably get flogged for this, but JL, had he lived, would never have been able to give himself to the touring crowd as Macca has. Paul loves performing. In JL's opinion, the Beatles died in 1962 before they "sold out". he HATED touring. Long live Rockin Paul!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby megs » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:26 pm

--claps-- well said steve[:)][8)]
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. kite » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:49 pm

Defininitely, he is.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:31 pm

erm..lets see, who wrote helter skelter, and back in the ussr!?
two of the hardest rocking beatles songs!! Of course he is a rocker.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby wesbeat » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:56 pm

ROCKER SCHMOCKER ! HE IS MCCARTNEY. ENOUGH SAID !
wesbeat

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:48 pm

I've never heard of the Paul McCartney rocker. Is it expensive? Does it come in cherry wood? I think it might look good in my family room. [8D]
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:41 am

Paul is a rocker, indeed, but he's a lot more - he's a crooner, a boogier, he does everything! He tackles just about every style of song with ease. Who else could come up with such a diverse collection as Tug Of War, with:

Pop/Disco stuff like "What's That You're Doing"
Vaudeville a la "Ballroom Dancing"
Blues songs like "Get It"
Sensitive ballads like "Here Today"
Epics such as "Wanderlust"

And he's done plenty of rockers as well. "Helen Wheels" for one . . .
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby maccafan » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:37 pm

LiamOSM I totally agree with you, but I just have to let you know that the song What's That You're Doing with Stevie Wonder is not pop/Disco it's soul/funk and the song Get It with Carl Perkins is not blues but country western.
I agree with you all Paul is a bonafide rocker, so how come this Paul is soft/fluff misconception still persist??
maccafan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions