The murderer

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:18 am

Man, I agree.....someone made an offhanded joke about it at in line at the store the other day, and bit his head off. I don't think some people realize just how bad that situation is.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:28 pm

quote:Man, I agree.....someone made an offhanded joke about it at in line at the store the other day, and bit his head off.

Good for you, man.

quote:I don't think some people realize just how bad that situation is.

No, they don't. People HAVE GOT TO STOP thinking "This will never happen to me" or "This could never happen in MY area." This can happen ANYWHERE nowadays. I'm sure those poor people loading their groceries or pumping their gas didn't think "Hey, I'm gonna get hit by a sniper's bullet today." It can happen anywhere, anytime. And it's sad. And even more sadly, they just announced that the man today succumbed to his injuries. I am PISSED now.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:31 pm

Agreed. People should stop thinking "this will never happen to us". It makes it all the worse when it does happen to them.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:26 pm

Well....I have to say that even we should be aware of things, ESPECIALLY when it's already happened in your area, but I have to refuse to worry about whether or not it will happen to me, or if I will be the first one in my area or whatever. I hope that came out right...I know it can happen..I just dont want to live my life in fear. I dont know how else to say it. NOW....if I was in your area, I would probably stay in the house, since it's happened there so many times. I probably didnt explain this very well...sorry.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:16 am

No, I totally understand what you're saying, Steve. And yeah, of course you shouldn't live your life in fear. But like you said, if it's actually happening in your area, you DO live in fear. I mean, there's no other way to live. Especially a guy that doesn't care if you're black, white, asian, young, old, etc. Everybody here is a target. And the thing that's even scarier is that we CAN'T just stay in our houses. We have responsibilities and necessities that we HAVE to travel outside our homes for.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:58 am

My fault, I think - was I saying that you should assume it will happen to you? Ack - I said don't assume it won't. That's not the same as assuming it will . . . this is getting confusing . . .
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:49 am

No, I understand what you're saying, Liam. We all have to be on guard and be aware of our surroundings, because you never know. Only problem is, this coward shoots from far distances, so you never know when he's around.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:33 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
No, I understand what you're saying, Liam. We all have to be on guard and be aware of our surroundings, because you never know. Only problem is, this coward shoots from far distances, so you never know when he's around.

Yeah, that does sound like a problem - he could therefore be around anywhere. And what's this I hear about him now targeting children specifically? That is disgusting!
Liam OSM

Postby Ram1 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:48 pm

Liam, they arrested the two guys this morning. It's been all over the news all day. They haven't been OFFICIALLY charged yet, but police sources are saying that they're pretty confident these are the guys. Man, I'm telling you, this is a HUGE relief for our area. And that's an understatement. We've basically been going through hell these past 3 weeks. But my sorrow and anger can't even COMPARE to the people who have lost loved ones. I just pray that the 3 that survived continue to make improvements. And it goes back to what I was saying in the other thread...don't assume just because you live in a different part of the country that you're somehow immune to all this. They have connected the snipers to Washington STATE and Alabama as well. THREE DIFFERENT corners of the United States. Man, I am so glad this nightmare is over. THANK GOD!! Now we're just praying that some stupid copycatters don't try something.
Ram1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:58 pm

I haven't seen any news, but doubtless I'll catch it tonight in about four hours, that's when the next news is on TV here . . .
Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN