Back in the USSR

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

Back in the USSR

Postby Steve-o » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:24 am

I don't remember any thread on this 1988 release, recorded in two days in July of 1987. 20 songs of oldies rock classics, including I Saw Her Standing There. Kind of a pre-RDR.
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Back in the USSR

Postby Steve-o » Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:24 am

I don't remember any thread on this 1988 release, recorded in two days in July of 1987. 20 songs of oldies rock classics, including I Saw Her Standing There. Kind of a pre-RDR.
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:16 am

Is this something akin to CHOBA B CCCP? Obviously not identical, but . . . ?
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Brains » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:26 am

CHOBA B CCCP is Russian for Back In The USSR. And did they do I Saw Her Standing There? Didn't know that...

Does anyone know if the original Russian release of this album is particularly rare? Cause I have it [8D].
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:46 pm
Location: Netherlands

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:28 am

quote:Originally posted by Brains
CHOBA B CCCP is Russian for Back In The USSR. And did they do I Saw Her Standing There? Didn't know that...

Does anyone know if the original Russian release of this album is particularly rare? Cause I have it [8D].


I know CHOBA B CCCP is Russian for Back In The USSR - but there is no ISHST on CHOBA.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:30 am

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
Is this something akin to CHOBA B CCCP? Obviously not identical, but . . . ?
The cover is the same, but in English and in a different color. And the track listings have minor differences, for sure. You guys pointed out one of them...there may be another..cant remember...
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:42 am

the track list on my copy is

Kansas city
20 flight rock
Lawdy miss clawdy
I'm in love again
Bring it on home to me
Lucille
Don't get around much anymore
I'm gonna be a wheel someday
summertime
Aint that a shame
Crackin up
Just because
midnight special

so no Ishst.

This is a sort of run devil run avant la lettre
User avatar
Thomas
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 8:10 am
Location: Netherlands

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:03 am

I get a track listing on here soon, Thomas. My version has 20 tracks, 7 more than the Russian version. Thanks for the info.
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Postby Liam OSM » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:26 am

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
the track list on my copy is

Kansas city
20 flight rock
Lawdy miss clawdy
I'm in love again
Bring it on home to me
Lucille
Don't get around much anymore
I'm gonna be a wheel someday
summertime
Aint that a shame
Crackin up
Just because
midnight special

so no Ishst.

This is a sort of run devil run avant la lettre


That sounds like the one I've got!
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)
 
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 10:39 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:19 pm

I'll post mine this evening.....if I can remember
User avatar
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 11077
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:18 pm
Location: USA

Next

Return to MACCA - all discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests