This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby airdog » Tue May 21, 2002 1:49 pm

Edited by - airdog on 06/02/2002 18:25:45
airdog

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 1:58 pm

Excellent list there, A-dog. Also remember that Steve Allen had Elvis wear a tux during that performance as well, (even though I think it was suppose to be kinda tongue-in-cheek, but it was still lame.) I have to give it to Pelvis though...if you've seen that performance, you can tell while he was singing that he thought it was pretty absurd. Of course he smiled his way through it, but if you look at his face and some of his expressions, you can tell he was probably thinking, "I feel like a complete jackass right now."

I thought of a couple more..

*The "executives" at Decca for intitially rejecting The Beatles and saying that "guitar music" was on the way out.

*That Inspector dude, (I forget his name), who was known for planting drugs in rock star's homes to get them arrested. He got Mick and Keith in court trouble, and I think it was even rumoured that he planted that pot on John and Yoko when they got arrested in '68. Of course, years later he was indicted himself for corruption.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 2:22 pm

I assume you're referring to the hashish that was planted in George's shoebox (?) around the same time. I honestly don't remember who alerted him.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 2:30 pm

Roger? Where? Are you witholding some information on the whereabouts of Roger?
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 2:30 pm

Ha ha. I'm an "Average" member now.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 2:50 pm

I got another one....

Those close-minded, ignorant, numbskull radio DJ's and "fans" who broke and burned Beatles records after John's "satanic" Christ comment.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue May 21, 2002 9:11 pm

didn't elvis try to pull some strings to try to keep the beatles from coming over for the first time?
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 9:36 pm

I think there were rumours, (actually I think some pretty solid facts), that Pelvis, through his "connections" tried to get The Beatles deported, by using their drug use as the excuse ('Cuz you know "Angel Elvis" never touched the stuff), and for their "influence" on the youth of America. What it all boils down to is this....Elvis was jealous. He was jealous the first moment The Beatles stepped on American soil, and I don't think it stopped until their breakup. He was mad because The Beatles took away his popularity, and while most people were digging the newest Beatles album, he was making films like Clambake and Girl Happy, and a lot of people didn't care about him anymore. He was jealous and angry.
Ram1

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 21, 2002 9:39 pm

By the way, you can't mess with a doped-up honorary DEA Agent.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue May 21, 2002 10:00 pm

of course not. nothin' more dangerous than a DEA agent on drugs.
He probably got access to the better stuff after he was made an honorary agent.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC