3 degrees of separation

Discussions of various topics about Paul not covered in the forums below.

Moderator: Mike

3 degrees of separation

Postby JennyWren » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 am

Let me start this post by saying ARRRGHHH!

So, Macca did a show in Lincoln, NE Monday night. I'm about 45 minutes away in Omaha. For reasons I won't go into, I wasn't able to go to the show. :sad:

On Monday morning, I wake up an learn that Macca spent Sunday evening in Omaha. He and friend Warren Buffett went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, then to a near-by ice cream store, then sat on a bench outside and hung out talking a while. All of this occurred in my neighborhood, two blocks from where I live. While I was watching TV Sunday night and prepping for the work week, Macca was two blocks away, hanging out in public. Hence, the AARRRRGGGHHH. He usually turns up in a city the day of the show; it never occurred to me he'd be hanging in Omaha the day before, let alone be in my neighborhood.

Now to the 3 degrees of separation: I have a friend who is good friends with Warren (as a result of that friendship, I actually have played bridge with Warren and Bill Gates). So: me to my friend (1) to Warren (2) to Macca .... 3 degrees of separation. I've often wondered how many degrees Macca is from me. I never thought it was as few as 3. I didn't know about his friendship with Warren.

Choice of restaurant was clearly in deference to Macca. When Warren's in town, he often goes to a favorite steak place -- not appropriate for Macca. Reports are that Macca was very relaxed and friendly. He and Warren waited in line for ice cream just like everyone else. No line jumping, LOL.

Had I been there, I would might have been tempted to approach, re-introducing myself to Warren ("Hi, it's nice to see you again, Mr. Buffett...we played bridge together at....") and then engaging Macca in conversation, as well.

I was already sad about missing the Lincoln show, and sadness was compounded by missing Macca's presence in my part of town.
Sad days, indeed.

Jenny Wren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 3 degrees of separation

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Oh, man you've got to be kicking yourself! So sorry for you, JennyWren... :cry: I saw a selfie taken by a teenager with Paul and Warren sitting on a bench just behind him...and to think it could have been you! ~X(
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr h atom » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 pm

saw that selfie, too...that's gotta hurt... ^:)^

just down the street, eh ???

~X( ...... :shock: .... :cry:

i feel your pain...from just a measly few hundred miles south...i can HEAR the anguished cry... :wink:
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby james1985 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:42 am

May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:00 pm

:-D

..one of the first comments was some blithering fool who thought the voice was totally gone...

not from what i heard...

might (still) not be 100% (and, let's face it...it probably never will) but pretty darned good... quite liked that, thanks J
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby JennyWren » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:16 pm

After all these days, I"m still sad about missing a Macca close encounter, but it's not quite as painful as it was on Monday.

Thanks for your replies. I can tell you totally get how I feel.

All the best ( :smile: ),
Jenny Wren
JennyWren
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lorraine » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:57 pm

So sorry that you missed on such an opportunity to personally meet Macca. :sad: I know if I found out that Paul McCartney had been hanging around in my neighbourhood and I missed the chance to see him, I would be sad too. Unfortunately it's one of these one in a million opportunities and in order to know when Macca is in your neighbourhood, you would have to be psychic. :sad: I hope you somehow get another opportunity to personally meet Macca.
lorraine

Return to MACCA - all discussions