Favourite TV shows

What new & old movies do you like? Room for TV talk as well.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Favourite TV shows

Postby james1985 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm

Watched all of Breaking Bad from October to Xmas. One of my favourite shows ever, can't wait for the finale in the summer.
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:51 pm

i may have missed it on those two stations, but a local one was playing it just awhile ago, so i've still have had a chance partaking of andy, opie and friends lately...

while there are some...m*a*s*h* comes to mind...of the older, classics that have never gone off the air around here...all those i mentioned, and probably a few that are on there but slipped by (cheers, the big valley, mary tyler moore show, dick van dyke show, the odd couple, the fugitive, naked city, alfred hitchcok presents, the jack benny show, burns and allen, combat, i love lucy) ...are ones i haven't seen hide-ner-hair of (other than on video collections) in decades...

one just started up benson, diff'rent strokes, and has had soap, threes company and good times on as well

breaking bad, like so many cable series (walking dead comes directly to mind, as well) are ones i wait and watch a whole season at a time...usually a family member/friend buys the season...or i go down to my local Family Video and rent the whole season and luxuriate in the immersiveness
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm

this years season of american horror story was...freaky. television is better off with a-caliber actors such as jessica lange and james cromwell.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 pm

..it was a dark and stormy night...and this...creature snuck into my house....it attacked me and put me under its' spell...it has a name...

it is called...NETFLIX

and, so, i've been bitten...and i have discovered dark treasures, indeed...

you might notice, so far, a prediliction for british shows/mysteries...imagine

george gently: only one season, but it ws a doozy...fantastic...loved every minute

luther: 3 seasons of bliss...

inspector morse: hmmm...so far, near my least favorite, but i like it very much. morse is..well...a dick...so far, i like the sequel (inspector lewis) and the prequel (endeavor) far, far better...but i'm only in the first season, so maybe...

ripper street: ummmm...watched only 1 eps...didn't catch my fancy...might try again

copper: love it...twisty, turny, real in a way RS didn't quite feel like

murdoch mysteries: ...franly bores the heck out of me...couldn't get though even one full episode...back-burnered for now

the fall: quite liked it, can't wait for more...

the walking dead: NF is at least a season behind the real world, so i'm up to the season with the govenor...wow !! just wow !!

longmire: totally guilty pleasure, but i'm loving every moment of this show they can sideline harry ford and let robert taylor play han solo...or indy...

midsomer mysteries: love..love...love this...only on about season 3 or 4...but i know i wouldn't want to move there !!
Last edited by mr h atom on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby efghijiloveyou » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm not familiar with most of those Mr. H, but Walking Dead is indeed...Wow! Fun. I agree with your earlier post too about M*A*S*H- it never gets old; love it.
Chris, I recently watched the first two seasons of American Horror Story on Netflix. It's weird and wonderful! I haven't seen the third season yet, cause Netflix doesn't have it yet. There's a show called Bates Motel that's pretty good. Not as creepy or weird as AHS, by any stretch of the imagination, but creepy fun.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby bravefan » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 am

24 and Major Crimes...both really awesome viewing.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby DigsY2K » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Lost
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
American Horror Story
DigsY2K

Previous

Return to Movies & TV